Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

Installation - Add-on.XML use for PMDG aircraft?

Hi,

I am about to install 747 QOTS II in P3Dv4 and wondered how you have approached the installation?

I am aware that PMDG standard default installation does not use the add-on.xml approach but am wondering if by installing the PMDG aircraft folders and files outside the default P3dv4 folder structure in a separate Aircraft/addons location has any negative impact?

In theory I have read it should work using P4AO, but what about in practice? What have people decided to do here? Any pros or cons to this approach? Any known issues to speak of?

On a slightly different but related topic, I would like to point out that the readme file dated 27 JUL 2017 that comes with the 747 QOTS II base package still contains the EULA text referring to FSX (1. GRANT OF NON-EXCLUSIVE, LIMITED LICENSE, point 1b) even though the header indicates the text is relevant for P3D.

Were PMDG going to update this EULA? I lost track of what the final outcome was.

Thanks
Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

4 minutes ago, aldridgem said:

Hi,

I am about to install 747 QOTS II in P3Dv4 and wondered how you have approached the installation?

I am aware that PMDG standard default installation does not use the add-on.xml approach but am wondering if by installing the PMDG aircraft folders and files outside the default P3dv4 folder structure in a separate Aircraft/addons location has any negative impact?

In theory I have read it should work using P4AO, but what about in practice? What have people decided to do here? Any pros or cons to this approach? Any known issues to speak of?

On a slightly different but related topic, I would like to point out that the readme file dated 27 JUL 2017 that comes with the 747 QOTS II base package still contains the EULA text referring to FSX (1. GRANT OF NON-EXCLUSIVE, LIMITED LICENSE, point 1b) even though the header indicates the text is relevant for P3D.

Were PMDG going to update this EULA? I lost track of what the final outcome was.

Thanks
Mark

It will not work and will not be supported from us in case of any issues.

The EULA has been corrected some time ago.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi Chris,

Thx for the answer on the Add-on.xml. Much appreciated.

Are you sure on the EULA??

I purchased the 747 directly off your web site on the 5th March this year. I just unzipped the package today and reviewed the README_PMDG_747_Base.txt file and this still contains references to FSX!

I can send you the file if you would like!

Regards
Mark

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

1 minute ago, aldridgem said:

Hi Chris,

Thx for the answer on the Add-on.xml. Much appreciated.

Are you sure on the EULA??

I purchased the 747 directly off your web site on the 5th March this year. I just unzipped the package today and reviewed the README_PMDG_747_Base.txt file and this still contains references to FSX!

I can send you the file if you would like!

Regards
Mark

Mark,

I said has been corrected, not that you guys have it :). Most probably you ll have the revised EULA with the next patch.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

OK Chris,

Thx for the clarification. I'll look out for it.

Cheers
Mark

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge