Sign in to follow this  
supersonic

Cessna 310R Redux

Should the Cessna310R in MVAMS say Redux & will it have its own support Forum.

Thanks

Supersonic

No, MVAMS will adjust both the old and the new as needed.

Yes, there is a separate support forum for the C310R Redux Edition. It would be too confusing otherwise! :)

Edited by n4gix
typo correction

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I currently have the "Redux" version installed in P3D v. 3.4xx. From what I read on the official Milviz forum, I can also install the original version of the Milviz C 310R without any conflict or overwrites? 

Also, thanks for already answering my second question, MVAMS  will adjust both the old and new as needed.

Yes, two entirely separate aircraft folder names are used, and the aircraft.cfg file title lines are unique to each version.

Fr. Bill    

In the C310R Redux main folder, there is a sub-folder named "Nightlighting". In this sub-folder there is a "Textures" folder, a "Milviz Lighting-Services exe" and a "NightLighting config." file. 

I looked throughout the "User's Guide" but could not find any information on what this subfolder is for. I could not find any other type of information regarding this as well. 

My question is, am I suppose to do something with this folder and its contents? Is this Nightlighting folder for the special effects lighting that works in Version 4 of P3D? I am currently using Version 3 of P3D.

Any helpful information on this folder and its contents would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Raymie

No, that is the folder/file system that provides the variable lighting in FSX, FSX:SE, and P3Dv2 and v3. Since it works in the background with no user intervention required, there was no need to document what it is and how it is used. :wink:

Fr. Bill    

How close are we to getting the 310 Redux service pack?  Or should I ask?  :biggrin:

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

With luck, this week.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Thank you.  Enjoying flying the Redux in V4.1 in the meantime.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Frankly, on this occasion I'm disappointed with Milviz. 

I purchased the Redux version last Thursday (on launch day) and haven't managed to fly it yet!  

The MVAMS system just does not work and I constantly have a spurious GPS unit in the middle of my virtual cockpit blocking the selected panel. 

No help from the official support forum sadly, except 'wait for the service pack' -which now still sounds some way off!

Are other P3D4.2 users ok or just as stuck?

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

I'm sorry but who are you on our forums?  Because we have responded to absolutely everyone... and I don't remember seeing a post about a GPS blocking the panel(s).

The MVAMS system does work though it is, right now, buggy.  

The SP SHOULD be this week.  

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

7 hours ago, Milviz said:

I'm sorry but who are you on our forums?  Because we have responded to absolutely everyone... and I don't remember seeing a post about a GPS blocking the panel(s).

The MVAMS system does work though it is, right now, buggy.  

The SP SHOULD be this week.  

My screen name is exactly the same on the forum Dean33 and I reported this on Saturday. 

PS. Kudos to Milviz for this morning releasing the P3DV4 update to the B55 Baron. One of my favourite aircraft. I’ll use that while waiting for the SP!

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

‘My screen name is exactly the same on the forum Dean33 and I reported this on Saturday.’

I can see from the forum you did respond asking for a screenshot. I misunderstood thinking you were asking if MVAMS showed aircraft images - which it didn’t and I thought it should  

Screenshot to follow on support forum later. 

Thanks. 

PS. Also kudos to Milviz for the recent free update to the original C310R!

15 hours ago, Dean33 said:

Are other P3D4.2 users ok or just as stuck?

MVAMS appears to be working fine for me in 4.2.  Currently running it with RXP 530/430 and wx radar with no panel issues.  I do have an AP issue, but that's another story for another thread. 

BTW, I was also excited to see the B55 finally coming to v4!

Scott