Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

11.20b1 is out

This just appeared. However, as a warning, I updated and when I start up I get an error about global airports missing art assets.

I reverted in the end, because all my global airports ended up flat :-(.

This happened on both my computers, so it I don't think it was just a local problem

Currently flying with the FFA320 in VR. No problems until now.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

1 minute ago, GCBraun said:

Currently flying with the FFA320 in VR. No problems until now.

Until now...do you mean that you now have problems...or that you updated to this...but HAVE no problems?   Don't want to punch the button, until I know what you mean!

37 minutes ago, tonywob said:

I reverted in the end, because all my global airports ended up flat :-(.

This happened on both my computers, so it I don't think it was just a local problem

Oh..well, hopefully Laminar will get right onto to this with a patch/update.  BTW, really like your Meigs! :)  The 'burbs are outstanding!

11 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

No problems until now.

Oh, that's really odd. Maybe I should trash my global airports and let it download again :/

8 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

BTW, really like your Meigs! :)  The 'burbs are outstanding!

Thanks Mitch, glad you like it. If only we could find data for all of the US with that amount of detail

13 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Until now...do you mean that you now have problems...or that you updated to this...but HAVE no problems?   Don't want to punch the button, until I know what you mean!

Everything working 100% for me.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

9 hours ago, tonywob said:

Oh, that's really odd. Maybe I should trash my global airports and let it download again :/

Thanks Mitch, glad you like it. If only we could find data for all of the US with that amount of detail

Really do...and I think it's outstanding that Orbx has taken you aboard.  Karma, man...Karma in play!  Congrat's!

9 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Everything working 100% for me.

Fantastic...thanks for posting. Will attempt the update... :)

hmm i get:  

"There was a problem loading the scenery package:
Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
The scenery may not look correct."

I will try to reinstall the update.

EDIT: no difference. How to revert back? :)

Edited by jt8d9a

2 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

hmm i get:  

Sorry to read this...I just updated.  I'm now at taxi at KPIT as you can see...no problems..., so must be system select, if any problems.

To revert back to a stable non-beta version, just uncheck CHECK FOR BETA's in the updater...and that will roll you back to a guaranteed running version, I believe XP11.10

Eclipse_1.png

Edited by Sesquashtoo

You can try delete the "preferences" folder before revert back,meybe fix the problem.

4 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

hmm i get:  

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/144228-xp1120-beta-global-scenery-error/

Edited by jcomm
wrong link
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...