Sign in to follow this  
macwino

GTN750 corrupts Carenado C90 panel gauges

I just tried to load the GTN750 in the Carenado C90 for X-Plane. This is not an integration. I simply want to use the GTN as a popup. With the 750 loaded via the Plugins menu, it displays the popup as desired, but parts of the GTN window also take over and display in the ADI, the altimeter, the radio windows, the chronometers, and where some digital displays are located. 

If I disable the 750 the panel displays are restored to their normal state. If I load the 650, it doesn't affect the panel displays. It is only the 750 which is the problem.

I've not encountered this with any other plane. I have the Carenado B1900 and the Shrike and there is no such problem running the GTN750.

Any thoughts on what might be the problem and how to fix it?

Thanks, Robert

Hi Robert,

What X-Plane version are you running? Is/Was this happening with the previous 'officially released' version?

From the 'look' of it, you might suppose it is a bug in X-Plane, or, they've changed something in the latest version which makes the simulator requesting our gauge to drawing into an area it is not supposed to.

However, I'd suspect it is simply a problem with the frame.rect = coordinates in the RealityXP.GTN.ini corresponding rendering section settings.

In effect, X-Plane supports an aircraft having a 'rendering' surface (the panel.png) onto which plugins, and default gauge elements gets drawn to. Everything plugin-drawn gets drawn onto this surface, and the means to let our plugin know where-to is the frame.rect= setting. Choosing a rect overlapping another area will make part of our drawn GTN render onto the other area as well.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi Jean-Luc,

I am running XP 11.11, the officially released version. Yesterday was the first time I tried to use the GTN750 in the Carenado C90 so I had no prior experience. All I can say is that none of my other Carenado or other planes had this problem.

In any event, the problem is solved. I replaced the RXP ini file that was generated for the C90 with the one generated for my Carenado B1900. Now all is fine. I compared the frame.rect= entries and saw that they were different. So I thought I'd give this a try and it worked. Thanks for the assistance.

Robert

[addendum]

Further to this post. I've ascertained what caused this problem to begin with. Unbeknownst to me until now, Carenado includes an RXP ini file with the plane. Why it does this I don't know. It would have been nice if it enabled you to integrate the GTN750 into the panel, but it doesn't do this. Instead, it appears that it establishes incorrect frame.rect= parameters for the GNS750. As I've noted above, remove this file and start from scratch and the panel isn't corrupted.

Robert

• Upvote 1