Sign in to follow this  
nas123

Display setup for muliple monitors

I have several monitors on my PC and using PMDG airplanes mostly. I have undocked and set up all MIP displays on my second and third monitor to my preference.

Then I have saved this setup via P3Dv4 scenario page.

I can load this setup from the P3Dv4's scenario page and windows come up correctly. That is fine.

But, how can I have this setup and start a flight with another livery and from another starting point(airport, gate) than the one that is saved as above?

Do I really need to have one setup for each airplane livery and start locationto get it working?

I would like to just load any livery with my default screens/windows setup from any location. Is it possible, and if, how?

I don't think this is related to PMDG... you should be asking either in the LM or AVSIM P3D forums about display groups and multiple monitor configurations.

Dan Downs KCRP

Can’t you just change livery and location AFTER loading your saved flight...?

HTH

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

On 3/17/2018 at 9:54 AM, nas123 said:

But, how can I have this setup and start a flight with another livery and from another starting point(airport, gate) than the one that is saved as above?

Do I really need to have one setup for each airplane livery and start location to get it working?

If I understand your last question here correctly, the answer is yes. 

You can try starting by loading a Saved Scenario for one of your existing aircraft (PMDG or whatever) and configuration for your multi-monitor displays, but after you have changed to a different airplane and/or livery and start location, you will usually need to check and adjust each MIP and View state etc before saving it to a differently named Saved Scenario. 

Bear in mind that different PMDG liveries often have different default panel states, so it is always better to start by loading a new aircraft and starting point, then setting it up as you want it to run on your PC and multi-monitors, before saving it as a new Scenario.   Bear in mind that it is not recommended to switch directly from one PMDG aircraft and livery to another; although I haven't found this to be an issue with P3Dv4.2.

Bertie Goddard       

In my search for a solution I found this SmartStarter.

Google "SmartStarter p3d" and you find it.