Sign in to follow this  
irishsooner

ORBX You Rock

Just read that they are producing UK photographic scenery later this year and next.Will include Ireland as well. guess i can retire my Megascenery and PlaySims stuff.

As someone who has been using the PlaySim's version of England and Scotland (as well as most of Europe in Freeware) for quite some time now, the prospect of an OrbX PhotoReal UK, Ireland,Netherlands and Germany is quite exciting! The 'new tech' showcased in the NL screen shots, where buildings have a proper scale and shape looks really promising, so good times ahead!

My biggest issue is what platform I'd choose to run it on?

Some say P3D V4 doesn't render photoscenery particularly well? Aerofly FS2 has the frames, but not the planes? 

I currently run FSX at a LOD of 8.5 which keeps the dreaded 'blurries' at bay, even with the PMDG NGX, but the introduction of all that autogen on a 32 bit platform might soon propel me into OOM land, and neither X-Plane or Aerofly play host to the A2A stable of addon aircraft, unless their forthcoming announcement suggests otherwise?

I want to make the jump to VR next year too, so lots to think about :biggrin:.

ORBx TrueEarth is the best thing that has ever happened to flight simulator scenery addons. This is as close to the holy grail for me that I am ever likely to get. I currently fly exclusively around the UK, Ireland, and the Netherlands......all locations that will be rendered in glorious TrueEarth-o-vision in the not too distant future.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png