Sign in to follow this  
Mike Remaly

737NGX random freezes in flight

Hey All,

Not sure where else to reach out for an issue I've been trying to figure out myself. I've got the 737NGX and I haven't had an issue with it until 4.2. I've reinstalled it with the fresh installer from PMDG and run everything as administrator. I've changed performance settings both in the operations center as well as on the options menu in the FMC. I just cannot figure out what is causing the plane to freeze and make P3D "(Not responding)" at random but only while moving. It doesn't happen at the gate. It does occur while taxiing and in flight. I've included a video with my issue and times of when the issue occurs. I'm fairly new to flight simming so memory issues and all of that are foreign to me. Only reason I address that is because I've noticed but haven't compared to other planes yet, where I have no issues whatsoever, that some of my water textures are rendering black as well.

NGX Issue via YouTube

The issue occurs at :15 and 1:15. It happens every minute almost to the second and I have no idea what the cause is.

Thanks in advance for any ideas and fixes that I can try.

--Mike Remaly

26 minutes ago, Mike Remaly said:

Hey All,

Not sure where else to reach out for an issue I've been trying to figure out myself. I've got the 737NGX and I haven't had an issue with it until 4.2. I've reinstalled it with the fresh installer from PMDG and run everything as administrator. I've changed performance settings both in the operations center as well as on the options menu in the FMC. I just cannot figure out what is causing the plane to freeze and make P3D "(Not responding)" at random but only while moving. It doesn't happen at the gate. It does occur while taxiing and in flight. I've included a video with my issue and times of when the issue occurs. I'm fairly new to flight simming so memory issues and all of that are foreign to me. Only reason I address that is because I've noticed but haven't compared to other planes yet, where I have no issues whatsoever, that some of my water textures are rendering black as well.

NGX Issue via YouTube

The issue occurs at :15 and 1:15. It happens every minute almost to the second and I have no idea what the cause is.

Thanks in advance for any ideas and fixes that I can try.

--Mike Remaly

Make sure you have latest fsuipc if you use one. Also if you have it any chance of using the Autosave feature?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

4 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

Make sure you have latest fsuipc if you use one. Also if you have it any chance of using the Autosave feature?

I do. I just updated my FSUIPC.. or installed it again with the exact same version. The autosave is by the minute and the fact that that skipped my mind is making me kick myself considering I've been ripping apart my sim for this lol. Is there any particular setting I should focus on in there?

12 minutes ago, Mike Remaly said:

I do. I just updated my FSUIPC.. or installed it again with the exact same version. The autosave is by the minute and the fact that that skipped my mind is making me kick myself considering I've been ripping apart my sim for this lol. Is there any particular setting I should focus on in there?

From the moment that you use the autosave you are going to have these mini pauses when fsuipc autosaves. You can increase the interval of the save but as I wrote this pauses will be present when it saves

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

3 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

From the moment that you use the autosave you are going to have these mini pauses when fsuipc autosaves. You can increase the interval of the save but as I wrote this pauses will be present when it saves

Given that I very rarely have a CTD I'll just disable it then. I appreciate the very swift response on the issue. Looking at it now there are many threads regarding this particular cause I just didn't use the right terms while searching for it. Probably the fact that other aircraft I was flying weren't as complex explains the lack of pauses elsewhere. Thanks again and continue the great work with your products and support for them!

Mike