Sign in to follow this  
mikealpha

Some questions (XCamera, Autogate)

Still somewhat new in XPlane, primarily because of the FF320.

Some questions :

1. Got XCamera, defined my cockpit views and connected them to Joystick buttons. Now, when moving around using the Hatswitch, XCamera automatically takes that as the new camera setting for that and overrides my stored views. That is not intended, how can I suppress that ?

2. Also bought Aerosoft EDDF. It is supposed by have docking system using the Autogate Plugin. Autogate 1.72 is installed in the plugin folder and in the Plugin Menu in XPlane, I see it as enabled. However, I don`t get any docking system to show up, not at any gate. 

What could be wrong ?

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

I don't use XCamera, but if you only use it for quickly jumping to predefined cockpit views, you can probably just stick with X-Plane's default quick view system.

You can store up to 10 views per aircraft by setting up a view that you would like to have quick access to (e.g. a view of the overhead panel), and then save that to a num-pad number by holding down Ctrl and pressing that number (e.g. Ctrl+8).

To use that view from now on, you just need to press the 8 on the num pad. You can overwrite it anytime by saving a new view for that specific number.

I usually have it set up to something like that:

4 for the normal forward view
8 for the overhead
1 for the CDU
2 for the center pedestal

etc.

30 minutes ago, mgeiss said:

I don't use XCamera, but if you only use it for quickly jumping to predefined cockpit views, you can probably just stick with X-Plane's default quick view system.

Thanks for the info, I should revert to that for now.

Xcamera can probably do a lot more than that, I need to get more into it.

Just that basic XCamera functionality is weird.

I press button 1 for my forward view. Then from there e.g. use the Hatswitch to look out of the left window. Now I press another button for e.g. pedestal view. If I now press button 1 to get back to the forward view, it goes to the left window view, where I Ieft it before, but without me having stored anything.

That can`t be intended, I probably have overseen something. 

Edited by mikealpha

42 minutes ago, mgeiss said:

You can store up to 10 views per aircraft by setting up a view that you would like to have quick access to (e.g. a view of the overhead panel), and then save that to a num-pad number by holding down Ctrl and pressing that number (e.g. Ctrl+8).

To use that view from now on, you just need to press the 8 on the num pad. You can overwrite it anytime by saving a new view for that specific number.

I usually have it set up to something like that:

4 for the normal forward view
8 for the overhead
1 for the CDU
2 for the center pedestal

etc.

Actually you can save up to 20 views now in the 3D Cockpit.

Keyboard -> "Go to save 3-D cockpit location #1 through #20"

Some additional info on this subject -> https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/132289-quick-look-views/

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Glenn_C said:

Actually you can save up to 20 views now in the 3D Cockpit.

Keyboard -> "Go to save 3-D cockpit location #1 through #20"

Some additional info on this subject -> https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/132289-quick-look-views/

You're right, of course! I still fly XP10 a lot more, so I forgot about the extension to 20 views. Even better!

Thanks anyway !

Maybe also an XCamera user could add some info.

Some more questions after buying X-Life. Primary purpose was to get some AI traffic without spending a lot of time for setup.

1. AI-Traffic drives straight through me, at some gates at EDDF static planes and AI planes are stacked. And UPS planes at the passenger gates. That's not convincing. Would World Traffic be better in this regard ?

There's no configurator for Aerosoft EDDF to remove static planes. So I have to search in the scenery folders to find them ?

2. Also tried the XLife ATC module. After listening to ATIS, then requesting clearance from delivery, I get the answer from delivery 'Wrong QNH, set to <value>"
Well, the correct QNH is set to that value, for both FMGS and Standby in the FF 320 Ultimate.
Why would any delivery come up with the QNH in my plane anyway ?
However, it's stuck at this stage.

Mike

Edited by mikealpha

On 3/18/2018 at 2:38 AM, mikealpha said:

Still somewhat new in XPlane, primarily because of the FF320.

Some questions :

1. Got XCamera, defined my cockpit views and connected them to Joystick buttons. Now, when moving around using the Hatswitch, XCamera automatically takes that as the new camera setting for that and overrides my stored views. That is not intended, how can I suppress that ?

2. Also bought Aerosoft EDDF. It is supposed by have docking system using the Autogate Plugin. Autogate 1.72 is installed in the plugin folder and in the Plugin Menu in XPlane, I see it as enabled. However, I don`t get any docking system to show up, not at any gate. 

What could be wrong ?

Mike

For question number 1,
1. Open X-Camera Control Panel
2. Select your saved camera view.
3. Uncheck "Retain Mouse Look Position"
4. Check "Enable Temporary Positioning"
Hope this help.

• Like 1

On 18. 3. 2018 at 9:53 AM, mikealpha said:

1. AI-Traffic drives straight through me, at some gates at EDDF static planes and AI planes are stacked. And UPS planes at the passenger gates. That's not convincing. Would World Traffic be better in this regard ?

Hi Mike.

Yes. Certainly. The WorldTraffic plugin is considerably better.You can read without problem the manual before purchasing.Of course. If you want :D 

http://www.classicjetsims.com/WorldTraffic/

Section: manual

and 

Here's a video that will also help you decide.

Goog luck.

Edited by letec
  • Like 1

On 29.3.2018 at 12:10 PM, Uncensor said:

3. Uncheck "Retain Mouse Look Position"
4. Check "Enable Temporary Positioning"
Hope this help.

thanks a lot, that did the trick !

Mike

17 hours ago, letec said:

Yes. Certainly. The WorldTraffic plugin is considerably better.You can read without problem the manual before purchasing.Of course. If you want :D

Thanks, I'll look into it.

In the meantime I got X-Life traffic improved a bit, by using the Bluebell XL traffic library. Still occasionally something unexpected, but much better than the initial situation.

Mike