On 1/26/2019 at 11:46 PM, avgas2much said:

I have not received the replacement yet, will report as soon as it arrives. Hopefully next week. 

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it.  Would also love to see a pic of the new linear mechanism.

I am guessing this is what is holding up the Alpha order that I placed a week and a half ago. No big deal, but ready to hear about how the new yoke works. I can post about the alpha platform when I get it if anyone would find that useful.

Update.....

Dear Michael,

I apologize for the delay, I changed the whole design, including the body and the body color.
The best result was obtained using a double system on the pitch axis (spring block and rubber cord). Mechanical noise when moving the pitch axis is absent. I want to thank you and all those who discussed at the forum and waited with great patience for the results of the upgrade.
I'll send you on Monday.

Attached letters contain photos of the assembly process.

Best Regards

Here are the pics:

Edited by avgas2much

22 hours ago, chrispix said:

Looks like my alpha set ships out today with delivery next monday.. They have improved the design, and also raised prices a bit.. Glad to get in early.. 

photos.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cw6mcVS7f1212sPy9

I keep debating on getting this, but no one has any inputs on it.

I received the new unit and it was damaged during shipping. I spoke with Azat (owner of Diagma) and agreed to come to his manufacturing facility (2hr drive from Tampa). I have to say that I really like Azat. I think he is really trying to produce a high quality product. As with all new designs there are bugs to work out. We spoke extensively about the design of the yoke and how to improve it. He uses high end CAD software to create his designs and cut on CNC  Router tables and laser cut machines. He is going to make some changes that I think really will help improve multiple aspects of his product. I will keep this thread updated when I get the new Yoke. It is supposed to ship out next Friday. I can say based I what I have seen I think for the price this will be the best value in a yoke of this quality. I will give my final assessment once I have received and tested the new version.  

Here is a list of changes we spoke about: Moving the the gear rail for pitch axis inboard to facilitate another bungee on the other side to balance load. This will allow a single linear bearing rail. A better quality case with fewer screws that are additionally flush with body. 3 yoke size options (I like the new mid size yoke handle). a simpler cam design for roll axis bungees. Once again these are the changes discussed  and I will give feedback when new one arrives....until then..........  

Hello avgas2much

Thanks for the info. I think a single linear bearing has an advantage compared to laterally spaced dual bearings. Because the friction produced by the bearings induce less torque when compared to a design with laterally spaced bearings. Hence less risk for jamming. The Yoko yoke also uses a single bearing, as far as I can see. It helps to have a better balanced spring or bungee load.

What I like is that Diagma uses closed, shielded bearings in the last shown design. My impression is that the Yoko yoke uses recirculating bearings which are open to the environment and dirt, and which should be relubricated after some time if proper engineering standards are kept (note: impression).

My advice to Diagma would be to increase the size of the single bearing, space permitting, compared to the dual bearing design size.  

FlyHirundo Rudder Pedal and Yoke
Designed and manufactured in Switzerland

Email: info@flyhirundo.com

I believe next week if all goes as planned. I would call and ask, though he said he would ship mine on Friday.

I just received my Alpha.. I have unboxing video on Youtube, but have an issue with a couple of things.. Hold off on pulling the trigger just yet.. 

The mixture control fell off, got it fixed though.. there was a stripped screw that was insane to get off.. Not sure if they are titanium or what.. could not drill or saw it off.. 

After 30 mins of prying/using smaller pliers. Managed to free it.. Here is a shot from the inside..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hLsF5cPKdTjTPRqF6

Thanks Chris!!! What Size Monitor is recommended?

Edited by ohsirus