Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

10K Descent procedure at 15,000

Why do I keep getting the 10k descent procedure at 15,000 feet?  

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

13 hours ago, byork said:

I programmed it so that if you're landing at a high elevation airport, the FO will do that procedure earlier.

Flying into KATL Elevation 1040.  10K activated at 16,000 Is that correct?

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

That's not right.

Are your units of measurement in FS set to Meters, or Feet.

They need to be set to feet or things will be thrown off.

Also, I recall there are Config options to run some of these flows around 18,000 feet.  Ensure you don't have them selected.

10 hours ago, byork said:

That's not right.

Are your units of measurement in FS set to Meters, or Feet.

They need to be set to feet or things will be thrown off.

Also, I recall there are Config options to run some of these flows around 18,000 feet.  Ensure you don't have them selected.

Everything is set to feet in P3d. Last night I landed at KPIT and lights came on at 16,000 feet.  In FS2Crew CFG, lights set to come on  at 10K.  I double checked everything. 

49 minutes ago, byork said:

Which SOP are you using?

#2.  

Flew into KIAH this evening. On descent, 10K message came on at 16,800 feet and landing lights switched on.  Airport elevation approx 100 feet. 

Edited by Bobsk8

At SOP 2, that airline performs that flow after passing the Transition Level in the Descent.  So that explains the altitude if you're in the US at the Trans Level is 18,000 feet.

To resolve, set this user option to YES.

SOP2 FORCE TL FLOW TO 10K: YES

9 hours ago, byork said:

At SOP 2, that airline performs that flow after passing the Transition Level in the Descent.  So that explains the altitude if you're in the US at the Trans Level is 18,000 feet.

To resolve, set this user option to YES.

SOP2 FORCE TL FLOW TO 10K: YES

OK, will do, thanks.....