Sign in to follow this  
chusair

PMDG 777 - FMC not finding rwy or SID

I must have installed something but suddenly my PMDG 777 can't compute flight because it does not find runways or SID .... please help. I just installed it on my FSX Steam Edition 

Hi Chusair,

Take a look in the folder ... FSX\PMDG\NavData for the file ARPT_RWY.dat. Remove it from that folder.  Restart FSX, reload a 777, and see if that fixes the problem.  The ARPT_RWY.dat folder will rebuild.

PMDG wants you to sign your full name in its forums.  Otherwise they may delete your post.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

13 minutes ago, kennymac825 said:

I have the same problem but the solution did not work. Any other ideas?

Welcome to the PMDG forums, please note that they ask for our full names on all posts.

Was the FMC able to select runways and SIDs at one time then stopped working?  Are you getting an error message? Please describe your problem for someone not looking over your shoulder.

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry. Ken McEvoy here. Yes I could select runways and sids previously. I entered CYYZ as the departure and EDDF as the destination. As soon as the destination was entered the error message: ERROR: 07L RWY N/A. I have a similar situation with CYYC but other airports are ok. I am baffled as to why this is happening. I appreciate any help. 

1 hour ago, Ken McEvoy said:

ERROR: 07L RWY N/A

This indicates that you should delete the ARPT_RWY.dat file but you said the solution didn't work.  With P3D not running, delete that file then start P3D and load any PMDG 777 or 747 and the file will be rebuilt.  Have you tried that?

Dan Downs KCRP

3 hours ago, Ken McEvoy said:

Sorry. Ken McEvoy here. Yes I could select runways and sids previously. I entered CYYZ as the departure and EDDF as the destination. As soon as the destination was entered the error message: ERROR: 07L RWY N/A. I have a similar situation with CYYC but other airports are ok. I am baffled as to why this is happening. I appreciate any help. 

Have you updated the AIRAC (navdata) in your 777?   

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Yes I deleted the ARPT_RWY file and restarted but that did not work.

How do I update the AIRAC (navdata) file. Sorry. I should know bettter.

39 minutes ago, Ken McEvoy said:

Yes I deleted the ARPT_RWY file and restarted but that did not work.

Hi Ken,

I am puzzled that deleting ARPT_RWY.dat did not fix the problem.  However in FSX it usually occurs when there is a discrepancy between current nav data and the airport as it appears in FSX.  Both CYYC and EDDF have changed runway designations since FSX came out.  I don't have P3D but I believe it carried over much of the airport data from FSX.  You can check by planting your aircraft at either of these airports, opening the map, and looking at how the runways in the map compare to current real world charts.  Or just an aerial view might suffice.

The point of all this is that you might be able to fix the problem by installing current AFCAD (airport layout) files.  Robert Catherall has adapted AFCAD files by Ray Smith for P3D.  Ray is a very well-known designer of accurate and up-to-date AFCADs for FSX.  Here are links to AVSIM's library for Robert's AFCADs for P3D both airports.  They are easy to install.

https://library.avsim.net/zipdiver.php?DLID=197529 (Catherall CYYC)
https://library.avsim.net/zipdiver.php?DLID=203775  (Catherall EDDF)

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

50 minutes ago, Ken McEvoy said:

Both Navigraph and Aerosoft sell various packages to update Navdata. 

Navigraph: http://navigraph.com/

Search "navdatapro" at Aerosoft.

Updating might fix the problem but I would suggest you try the AFCADs first.  After you install them, be sure to delete ARPT_RWY.dat in the PMDG Navdata folder.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Mike I downloaded the latest Navigraph cycle. Fired up FSX and still did not work. I then removed the ARPT_RWY DAT file from the PMDG Nav folder and fired up FSX again. Worked like a charm. Help very much appreciated!!

On 4/3/2018 at 8:25 AM, Ken McEvoy said:

Mike I downloaded the latest Navigraph cycle. Fired up FSX and still did not work. I then removed the ARPT_RWY DAT file from the PMDG Nav folder and fired up FSX again. Worked like a charm. Help very much appreciated!!

Glad it's fixed!

I somehow thought you had P3D.  For FSX, to update the runways (if you haven't already) I recommend AFCADs by Ray Smith, a very well known. reliable and accurate maker of these files.  You can find them easily by searching the FSX section of the AVSIM :Library using CYYC and EDDF.  I think the underlying cause of this problem is old runway info in the sim vs. current info in the Navdata.  KORD, which has undergone many changes since FSX came out, often has been the source of such error messages.

Mike

Edited by Mike777

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

3 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Pretty sure the solution would have been the same in both FSX and P3D.

Hi Kevin,

True, but apparently AFCADS for FSX need to be modified to work in P3D.  This sort of error message seems to arise when the FSX (and I would guess P3D) airport runway scenery is not up to date.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2