Sign in to follow this  
Hotshotp

your opinion on this pc?

It seems a solid build, I would consider a higher PSU just to leave a bit of head room for and upgrade down the road to a 20 series GPU as that 1070 will have a shelf life of 3 months, also if your running 2 sims or have lots of orbx or photo real scenery i would consider allot more hdd space.Trust me i have a 500gb SSD for OS,  1TB SSD for P3dv4 and 1TB SSD for Xplane, but  you can add more later

Out of interest what Ghz are you expecting to get after the overclock and delid and not being smart if your confident to delid a brand new CPU do you really need advice on parts

Best of luck

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

2 hours ago, stephenbgs said:

It seems a solid build, I would consider a higher PSU just to leave a bit of head room for and upgrade down the road to a 20 series GPU as that 1070 will have a shelf life of 3 months, also if your running 2 sims or have lots of orbx or photo real scenery i would consider allot more hdd space.Trust me i have a 500gb SSD for OS,  1TB SSD for P3dv4 and 1TB SSD for Xplane, but  you can add more later

Out of interest what Ghz are you expecting to get after the overclock and delid and not being smart if your confident to delid a brand new CPU do you really need advice on parts

Best of luck

around 4.7 - 5.0 gigs if im lucky. i think i have a pretty good cooler. Also, i plan to get this only in the summer, so yeah, if the 20 series come out illI'll upgrade :)

21 hours ago, mcmini said:

i think i have a pretty good cooler.

I'm not so sure. The Dark Rock TF isn't anything special in reviews, particularly if you intend overclocking with it - see http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/be-quiet-dark-rock-tf-cpu-cooler,review-33361-2.html. If you really want to stick with an air cooler (I prefer an AIO), you'd be better off with a Noctua NH-D15 or NH-D15S - well proven designs and better performance for a similar price.

• Like 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Yes, the 8600K should get to 5 GHz without too much trouble. But I would definitely agree with vortex re cooler. The Dark Rock isn't that good.

Technically a 550 watt PSU would do it. But if I were you i would opt for 750 watt.  Then the PSU will be more likely to be functioning in it's most efficient range. Also will be more future proof re upgrades.