Sign in to follow this  
Nathan Arnold

No response from Atc

Hi there, i am in the trial stages of Pilot2Atc and mostly going ok. The problem im having is when calling Atc from my local airports YMLT or YMHB i get green text ok, but never a response. I do get a response if i dont speak correctly, advising so but i can not get a response to taxi or ifr clearance. If i try at a larger airport like YMML it works fine. Am i missing something or has the software not been developed for all airports? I can hear chatter of other aircraft at YMLT so i believe im tuned correctly.  Thanks

I do see a problem at those two airports.  The Tower and Multicom frequencies are the same.  At YMLT, there is no Ground and when tuning the Tower Freq, it is interpreted as  the Multicom frequency which will not respond to Tower requests, etc.  At YMHB, I was able to get clearance and taxi from Gnd Freq, and then with the frequency change directed by Ground, 118.1 was interpreted as Tower and I got takeoff clearance.

I'll see what I can do to correct this for the next update.

Thanks for the report.

Dave

Update: I found the problem and it should be fixed in the next update.

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

Thanks for the prompt response,  yes i thought it may have been that it wasnt seeing it as a ground frequency. I will definitely be purchasing.  Thankyou

Nathan,

I thought I had it fixed in this release, but obviously not.

I just found the problem and it will be fixed in the 2501 update.

Sorry,

Dave

Nathan,

I just did the following and was able to get clearance:

1. Put A/C at YMLT
  2. Created a VFR Plan to YMML
  3. Connect to SIM and listened to ATIS
  4. Freq Swap to 118.7
  5. Called Twr with "Honda 1VB ready to copy"
  6. Got VFR clearance with radar service etc. as expected
  7. Changed to IFR flight plan
  8. Did AutoPlan to add procedures
  9. Disconnected/Reconnected
  10. Filed Plan while listening to ATIS
  11. Freq Swap to 118.7
  12. Called Twr with "Honda 1VB ready to copy"
  13. Got IFR clearance

Are you doing something different?  Perhaps selecting 118.7 a different way?

If you could send me your P2A log file I can have a look.  Please send to admin@pilot2atc.com

Log files are located in:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs

where <UserName> is your PC user name. Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks for your time Dave, i got it working tonight. Not at first but after connecting and disconnecting and fiddling around a bit i got it and then couldn't fault it after that, not entirely sure what i did to make it come right though. The only thing i did notice different is i am not getting the ATIS but i am at other airports. Ill try again tomorrow night but all is good thanks again.