Sign in to follow this  

1 hour ago, Olympic260 said:

Can you please post a link for the above FB post? As far as I am aware we never had a Beta tester or employee with such name. Our FB posts are from us officially only when posted from the PMDG user.

As for the official answer, as I wrote "Currently there are no plans, as far as I am aware, in porting the JS41 in FSX SE"

I can see now that Luis is a fan who repeated the post made by PMDG 20 February 2015. So all the comments made by PMDG in early 2015 regarding the FSX-SE version were purely fictional. Well you fooled me.

howevr

3 hours ago, howevr said:

So all the comments made by PMDG in early 2015 regarding the FSX-SE version were purely fictional. Well you fooled me.

Please provide links or evidence of this. False statements are not allowed here in the forum.

Kyle Rodgers

I believe @howevr is referring to official press releases issued by PMDG on Avsim dated 21 Feb 15 and 30 Mar 15 which I previously quoted and linked to in this tread; Luis' comments on Facebook were merely quote parts from the earlier of those, so irrespective of their status as a PMDG representative they were PMDG's words anyway.

I should add I don't have a horse in this race as I never had FSX:SE, I went straight from FSX to P3Dv4; I'm just providing information.

Edited by ckyliu
Non-partisan clarification added

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Please provide links or evidence of this. False statements are not allowed here in the forum.

Interesting choice of words given the discussion here is about statements made by PMDG on their Facebook page and this forum in early 2015. The dates are clearly indicated in earlier posts and the pertinent details are quoted from PMDG.

howevr

Hi,

Is support provided for customers who purchased the JS4100 and are trying to run it on FSX:SE? I'm having an issue with it. 

11 hours ago, SeaHawk14 said:

Hi,

Is support provided for customers who purchased the JS4100 and are trying to run it on FSX:SE? I'm having an issue with it. 

Welcome to the forums, please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

The JS41 is not compatible with FSX SE. Only FSX Retail

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

1 hour ago, Olympic260 said:

Welcome to the forums, please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

The JS41 is not compatible with FSX SE. Only FSX Retail

Apologies. I've added a signature block. 

I had no issues with the install. It was actually rather simple, it automatically detected the destination and is recognised as an FSX:SE install in the Operations Centre . I fear it's actually an issue on the PMDG side of things. I've read that I ought to be prompted for an activation key when the aircraft is launched, which I haven't. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=731732181 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=731732217 

The panel state appears in my aircraft as in the images above. I.e - All displays off, throttle not animated and fixed in the fully forward position.  I understand it's not supported, but if it's simply an issue with activation (as I think it may be) would you be able to guide me on how to activate it? I purchased this literally less than 24 hours ago, seeing as the P3D version has been delayed. 

13 hours ago, SeaHawk14 said:

Hi,

What issue are you having?  I've not flown it for a while but the only issue I, and others, have found is that the IAS Hold mode doesn't work.

Edited by AndyUK

35 minutes ago, SeaHawk14 said:

Apologies. I've added a signature block. 

I had no issues with the install. It was actually rather simple, it automatically detected the destination and is recognised as an FSX:SE install in the Operations Centre . I fear it's actually an issue on the PMDG side of things. I've read that I ought to be prompted for an activation key when the aircraft is launched, which I haven't. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=731732181 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=731732217 

The panel state appears in my aircraft as in the images above. I.e - All displays off, throttle not animated and fixed in the fully forward position.  I understand it's not supported, but if it's simply an issue with activation (as I think it may be) would you be able to guide me on how to activate it? I purchased this literally less than 24 hours ago, seeing as the P3D version has been delayed. 

As I wrote the JS41 is not compatible with FSX SE. So no support can be provided for this. Also any discussion on how to be installed/used in FSX SE is not allowed us using it in FSX SE breaks the EULA.

Chris Makris

3 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

As I wrote the JS41 is not compatible with FSX SE. So no support can be provided for this. Also any discussion on how to be installed/used in FSX SE is not allowed us using it in FSX SE breaks the EULA.

Not to worry, I've managed to resolve the issue and it's been activated. Many thanks for the support. 

The fact that installation in FSX:SE breaks the EULA is news to me.  Comments here suggest the contrary:

and Chris' post above is the first time I've seen PMDG contradict it.

Edited by AndyUK
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, AndyUK said:

The fact that installation in FSX:SE breaks the EULA is news to me.  Comments here suggest the contrary:

and Chris' post above is the first time I've seen PMDG contradict it.

That was my thinking as well, if it did indeed violate EULA then I'm sure PMDG would have made it non-functional on FSX:SE. But hey ho, who am I but a meagre customer. 

Matter of fact, if it violated EULA laws then PMDG's operation centre wouldn't be suggesting how to download an FSX:SE enabled installer.

https://imgur.com/5eUSlFf 

Apologies, struggling with trying to just upload an image using this interface. 

1 hour ago, AndyUK said:

What issue are you having?  I've not flown it for a while but the only issue I, and others, have found is that the IAS Hold mode doesn't work.

flew it in FSX SE today and no problems with IAS hold when enabled via fs2crew.  You have fs2 crew?

only problem my end is runway course for ILS wont work but have another program that can set it

ZORAN

35 minutes ago, SeaHawk14 said:

Matter of fact, if it violated EULA laws then PMDG's operation centre wouldn't be suggesting how to download an FSX:SE enabled installer.

https://imgur.com/5eUSlFf 

Apologies, struggling with trying to just upload an image using this interface. 

It does not matter if OC shows it. Since the product is not released for FSX SE installing there warrants no support and is against the EULA which says it is for FSX.

Chris Makris