Sign in to follow this  

On 8/30/2018 at 1:23 AM, Ecosse_821 said:

For goodness sake, just release the update to make it compatible with FSX-SE!

At this point there's not much sense in them focusing on SE. It does actually work with SE (despite violating EULA etc), so far I've had no issues running it on SE, I think all systems are working perfectly fine as intended. They're planning to roll it out onto P3D, which frankly makes more sense. They should have brought out support for SE years ago, but now it's too late. Most people are moving over to X-Plane or P3D

• Upvote 1

Actually, credit where credit is due... This is a fantastic little plane. I'm really enjoying it, I love it's little quirks like exploding engines, config warnings and completely confusing autopilot system. I'm slowly getting to grips with it but I'm really enjoying it. The documentation so far combined with various YouTube videos has made this quite a rapid aircraft to learn. Helped also by random clicking of buttons for 'science purposes'. 

6 hours ago, SeaHawk14 said:

... so far I've had no issues running it on SE, I think all systems are working perfectly fine as intended...

Some of us, not using FS2Crew, have found that the IAS hold mode doesn't work, I'd be interested to know if your experience is different.

If PMDG did release the FSX:SE version they were developing then it would do a lot to restore my faith in them as a company that followed up on what customers had been led to expect.  There may not be many takers for it at this point but I'd have thought that reputation mattered in the commercial world.

On 8/31/2018 at 11:28 PM, AndyUK said:

Some of us, not using FS2Crew, have found that the IAS hold mode doesn't work, I'd be interested to know if your experience is different.

If PMDG did release the FSX:SE version they were developing then it would do a lot to restore my faith in them as a company that followed up on what customers had been led to expect.  There may not be many takers for it at this point but I'd have thought that reputation mattered in the commercial world.

No in fact mine doesn't either. I'm not sure whether I'm doing it wrong but it didn't hold the IAS I set. I'll have to play around with the autopilot a little more to see for definite.

On 8/31/2018 at 11:28 PM, AndyUK said:

Is IAS Hold only meant to work in climbs and descents?

Also, how do you load your aircraft cold and dark? I have to reload a flight essentially 3 times to get it to work. Once for the livery, another time at the right airport and another for the correct time.It's not ridiculous but it's very annoying

27 minutes ago, SeaHawk14 said:

Is IAS Hold only meant to work in climbs and descents?

Also, how do you load your aircraft cold and dark? I have to reload a flight essentially 3 times to get it to work. Once for the livery, another time at the right airport and another for the correct time.It's not ridiculous but it's very annoying

IAS is not recommended for descents. To load your aircraft cold and dark you really need fs2 crew that shuts it down quick.

im surprised that punters fly this without a co pilot. its not natural and a lot of work!

ZORAN

On 9/5/2018 at 2:42 PM, zmak said:

IAS is not recommended for descents. To load your aircraft cold and dark you really need fs2 crew that shuts it down quick.

im surprised that punters fly this without a co pilot. its not natural and a lot of work!

Yeah, you're right. I should use FS2 Crew, for some reason I've always just made do with me doing all the work (at the expense of proper checks) but I don't fly regularly so I've not been able to justify costs. And now more so seeing as I'm planning to move across to P3D I'll hold out a little longer. 

On 9/5/2018 at 5:57 PM, qqwertzde said:

Many thanks Peter. I'll check it out again. I read it before but for some reason I thought it was much more complicated than what it is. 

On 8/29/2018 at 11:00 AM, Olympic260 said:

Also any discussion on how to be installed/used in FSX SE is not allowed us using it in FSX SE breaks the EULA.

The above statement is unexpected, unappreciated, unfair and contemptuous towards customers. It also places those who have had the product in FSX:SE for a long time in a difficult position; PMDG has been aware of this through previous discussion within these forums for years and never raised an issue until now.

It is accepted the product is not supported by PMDG in FSX:SE, but for the purposes of the EULA we agreed to in October 2009 FSX:SE is still FSX (in the same way FSX SP1, FSX SP2, FSX Gold, FSX SE are all FSX), unless you can indicate the part of the EULA which restricts us to certain FSX versions?

======================================================================
PMDG JS4100 for FSX                    VERSION v1.10.1016

FSX    RELEASE VERSION     FSX

14OCT09         READ THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT        1800Z
======================================================================
 PRECISION MANUALS DEVELOPMENT GROUP.
END-USER SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT

This End-User License Agreement ("EULA") pertains to PRECISION MANUALS DEVELOPMENT GROUP's Copyrighted computer software (the "Software") in the package containing CD-ROMs, diskettes, associated media, printed materials, electronic distribution files or electronic documentation.  Please read the terms and conditions of this End-User License Agreement ("EULA") before installing or using the Software.

This End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legally enforceable contract between you ("Customer" or "you") and PRECISION MANUALS DEVELOPMENT GROUP ("PMDG").  By clicking "I agree", installing, copying, or otherwise using any part of the Software or any associated media, any printed materials, or any "online" or electronic documentation, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA.
1.    GRANT OF NON-EXCLUSIVE, LIMITED LICENSE
The Software and related documentation is licensed, not sold. Any rights not clearly and expressly granted to you under this EULA are reserved to PMDG. Provided you have paid all applicable fees, registered the Software with PMDG, and otherwise complied with this EULA, PMDG grants you the following personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited rights:

a.  One user may use the Software on the Customer's computer where the software was installed; you may use the Software on a second computer so long as only one copy is used at a time and only after having secured a second license permission from PMDG.  You may use the Software on a network ONLY IF each individual accessing the Software through the network has a copy licensed to that individual and installed on the machine from which they are accessing the network; and you may copy the Software for archival purposes, provided the copy contains all of the original Software's proprietary notices.

b. You may use the Software for private entertainment purposes only, and may not use this software to conduct training, aircraft familiarization or other training scenarios with acquiring a commercial support license from PMDG in advance.

C. You may not operate this software in a public venue designed to demonstrate hardware or other display, sound, processing or flight simulation components without the express advanced permission of PMDG.

d. You may not use this software to maintain currency for any aircraft certification requirement or training program.  You may not list this software as meeting qualification for any training cycle.

e. You shall not charge non-licensed or licensed owners of this software for use of this software, training in conjunction with this software, or while using this software to demonstrate any technique or process that may be considered training or familiarization.

f. You may not alter, reverse engineer or otherwise modify any portion of this software except as described in this license.

g. You may produce user-made liveries using your original artwork and/or using tools provided by PMDG for this purpose.  You may alter certain files contained in this program as necessary to activate user-created liveries with this software.

h. You may redistribute royalty-free, distribution fee-free and at no cost any user-created liveries for use with this software.

i. You may not decompile, disassemble, extract or otherwise reverse engineer any of the Software. You shall not have the right to obtain or use any source code for the Software, nor copy, reproduce, disclose, rent, lease, loan, distribute or use the Software except as provided above.  

j. You shall not charge non-licensed or licensed owners of this software for use of this software, training in conjunction with this software, or while using this software to demonstrate any technique or process that may be considered training or familiarization.

k. You agree that you will not distribute unauthorized copies of this software to any person by any means.

l. You agree that if you are found to be distributing unauthorized copies of this software, or if you are found to be using a copy of this software that was not purchased from PMDG and licensed to YOU that you will agree to cover all applicable legal expense in curred by PMDG in your prosecution.  You further agree that these costs should not be less than $25,000 USD per event.

m. You may not use any part of this archive, product or publication to create a product that is for sale or commercial distribution without the express, written permission of Precision Manuals Development Group.  This includes using the documentation, manuals, art files, liveries, paint kits or any other media included as part of this product.

2. WARRANTY, REMEDY, AND LIMITATIONS
a. PMDG WARRANTS THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL PERFORM IN SUBSTANTIAL ACCORDANCE WITH THE ACCOMPANYING USER MANUAL FOR 90 DAYS FOLLOWING YOUR RECEIPT OF THE SOFTWARE.   THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARRANTY.

b. PMDG'S SOLE OBLIGATION AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY WARRANTY FAILURE IS TO FOLLOW PMDG'S REGULAR BUSINESS PRACTICES FOR THE CORRECTION, REPLACEMENT OR REMEDY OF A DEFECT.  UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED ABOVE, THE SOFTWARE AND THE DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE REMAINS WITH YOU.  IN NO EVENT WILL PMDG OR ANY OF
ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT OR OTHER SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST DATA, LOST REVENUES OR LOST PROFITS, EVEN IF THEY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.  PMDG RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY THIS DOCUMENT AT ANY TIME WITHOUT OBLIGATION TO NOTIFY ANYONE.   IN NO EVENT SHALL PMDG'S OR ITS SUPPLIERS' LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE SUM OF ANY AMOUNTS PAID HEREUNDER BY YOU TO PMDG OR THE SUPPLIER.  REFUNDS FOR DIGITALLY DELIVERED SOFTWARE WILL BE MADE ONLY IN ACCORDANCE WITH PMDG POLICY AS STATED ON THE PMDG WEB SITE.
REFUND REQUESTS FOR NON DIGITALLY DELIVERED SOFTWARE WILL BE MADE WITH THE RETAILER OR DISTRIBUTOR AND NOT DIRECTLY WITH PMDG.

TERMINATION
The license will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with the terms, conditions, or limitations contained in this EULA, including the payment of applicable license or other fees.  You may terminate this EULA at any time (with no obligation on the part of PMDG) by destroying all copies of the Software, deleting any copies of the Software from your hard drives, ceasing all use of the Software and documentation; and providing satisfactory proof to PMDG that you have done so.  The disclaimer of warranty and limitations on liability contained in Section 4 shall continue in force even after your rights to use the Software are terminated.

DEMO OR EVALUATION VERSIONS
If PMDG designates the Software as a "Demo" or "Evaluation" version, you may use the Software solely for evaluation purposes for the designated 10-day period.  Use of the Software and/or documentation beyond the 10-day evaluation period violates PMDG's rights, as described above, including but not limited to PMDG's rights under the United States Copyright Act. You acknowledge that any Demo or Evaluation version is merely a technology demonstration that may not be at the level of performance or compatibility of generally available PMDG products. Demo or Evaluation versions are provided strictly on an "as is" basis and are subject to Section 2 above.

UPGRADES/ADD-ONS
If the Software is designated by PMDG as an Upgrade or Add-On product, you may only use the Software if you are also currently a licensed user of the base product to which  the Upgrade or Add-On applies.  Unless the PMDG documentation for an Upgrade or Add-On specifically provides, you shall not separate upgrade products from base products, nor transfer them separately.  PMDG reserves the sole and exclusive right to set its policies and prices regarding updates, upgrades add-ons and enhancements.  All other terms of this EULA apply with equal force to any such Upgrades.

GENERAL/MISCELLANEOUS CLAUSES
This EULA shall be governed by and construed under the substantive laws applicable to the United States of America.  If any provision of this EULA is held to be unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.

The undersigned agrees that this EULA is entered into at Sparks, Nevada, and further agrees that any legal or equitable dispute brought or arising under this Agreement shall be brought in the State and Federal courts for the State of Nevada. This Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between the undersigned and PMDG about the Software and documentation, and shall not be modified except in a writing signed by PMDG.

@SeaHawk14@AndyUK

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

On 9/11/2018 at 11:46 PM, ckyliu said:

The above statement is unexpected, unappreciated, unfair and contemptuous towards customers. It also places those who have had the product in FSX:SE for a long time in a difficult position; PMDG has been aware of this through previous discussion within these forums for years and never raised an issue until now.

It is accepted the product is not supported by PMDG in FSX:SE, but for the purposes of the EULA we agreed to in October 2009 FSX:SE is still FSX (in the same way FSX SP1, FSX SP2, FSX Gold, FSX SE are all FSX), unless you can indicate the part of the EULA which restricts us to certain FSX versions?

@SeaHawk14@AndyUK

Especially when the only support I asked for was how to activate the legally purchased add-on 🙄 

Thanks for the information. I'm sure somehow it'll be argued that somehow it's not FSX.