Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

P3d4 on system ssd only, anyone have that

Hi

Due to shocking load times i am going to completely uninstall p3d and reinstall on the system ssd on windows 10, anybody else doing that i cant see it causing an issue

Thanks

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

As long as you assign its own folder outside of C:\Programfiles you are good. Putting it on C:\P3D4 would work just fine.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks a lot vic

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Hello,

My 4.2 is on a SSD and all OK.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Hi emile is that your operating system drive as well

Wayne such

I have an 500GB SSD with W10 and P3D utilitys (AS, UTL etc.) and 1TB SSD only for P3D and Scenery, running well so far.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

I have a 1TB SSD with a C:\ partition of 194GB and D:\ partition of 758GB. Everything on D: except Win10. All OK.

HTH

Edited by Richard McDonald Woods

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

I have a single SSD with everything on, including P3DV4 (it's even in the Program Files folder, which causes absolutely no issues, despite all the naysayers on this forum).

Install outside of program files and right click the installed folder go to properties, security tab, add your user name and give it full control.

Everything on C drive will not be a problem, but avoid going beyond 85% capacity if possible on an SSD, I have windows only on my M2 c drive P3D on my D: 1TB SSD drive, I got in the habit of doing this in the past as the C drive will fill as you install programs outside your windows drive some elements will go on C drive just as flight sims do.

PS my D drive is excluded form my AV scans. 

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I would never exclude anything from AV scans..

It is not advisable, specially with recent news of malware being installed with programs that were legitimate.

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, simbol said:

I would never exclude anything from AV scans..

It is not advisable, specially with recent news of malware being installed with programs that were legitimate.

Simbol 

Excluding the Activesky and FSUIPC dll files and others that run along side p3d is not a security risk

3 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

Excluding the Activesky and FSUIPC dll files and others that run along side p3d is not a security risk

You are wrong.. viruses, malware and adware can come from many different sources and they can hide themselves on drives that are "Excluded" from your AV scans, once they manage to get in your AV will not prevent their execution since you have explicitly exclude them and "white listed" their behaviour.

S.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, simbol said:

You are wrong.. viruses, malware and adware can come from many different sources and they can hide themselves on drives that are "Excluded" from your AV scans, once they manage to get in your AV will not prevent their execution since you have explicitly exclude them and "white listed" their behaviour.

S.

If you get a virus called as_connect_64.dll that is a dedicated hacker