Sign in to follow this  
logic28

737 NG Auto-rudder

I am curious to know why the auto rudder still engages on my PMDG 737/800, even though I want it off and the box is unchecked.

As soon as some wind is present it will re-engage without warning preventing the pilot from controlling the rudder.

Remove the wind and save the flight and it will stay off until the next wind appears but the "auto-rudder" box is still unchecked

Is this a Bug of PMDG ?  P3D V 2.5.1 problem ? (doubt it)   . . . Or is there another way of disarming it for good ? . . . . . Has anybody had the problem before ?

Thanks for your support.

Maz

Edited by logic28
ammendment

The PMDG product page for the 737 NGX indicates that it is not compatible with P3D v2.x.....

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

14 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

The PMDG product page for the 737 NGX indicates that it is not compatible with P3D v2.x.....

Thanks Christopher,  this is why when years ago I went from FSX to P3d, I had to purchase a different version of PMDG from the previous one, this is designed for P3D.

In any case, the old one was also working fine, I just did it in order to conform to the regs of both PMDG and L.M.

So, back to the drawing board, why does my auto-rudder refuse to stay OFF ? 

FWIW, In modern versions of p3d, I’ve never seen a problem with autorudder getting stuck on in the NGX. I doubt there’s many NGX fluers running v2 of P3D still, to compare your situation to.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

3 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

FWIW, In modern versions of p3d, I’ve never seen a problem with autorudder getting stuck on in the NGX. I doubt there’s many NGX fluers running v2 of P3D still, to compare your situation to.

True but I am reinstalling my Sim in August after relocation from Italy to the UK, so until then I won't be bothered to purchase the V4, however just to make things clear, my auto rudder does not get stuck in a position, it works perfectly well . . . my only problem is that whether the auto rudder box is checked or not, it is always active.

Edited by logic28
error