Sign in to follow this  
WR269

FlyTampa to X-Plane???

Interesting post in their Facebook page....the title is "pigs may fly....

Edited by WR269
  • Like 1

Your post isn't showing up- here's a screencap. 

9rM1guX.png

This is huge news!! First UK2000, then Orbx, now FT. Someone needs to tell Flightbeam to jump aboard the train: I've been having serious KIAD withdrawals since I switched to XP. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yay. Finally top-tier developers are answering to the growing popularity of the XP platform. Keep them coming!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Great news, yet another developer coming over to X-Plane. 

<joke> Tell them all to go away, I want this untouched market to myself </joke> :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, tonywob said:

Great news, yet another developer coming over to X-Plane. 

<joke> Tell them all to go away, I want this untouched market to myself </joke> :biggrin:

That was funny!  Everybody now wants some of the pie....

On a serious note, Tony....XP11 might soon, come in as the winner of the Triple Crown....just might...the way it renders, working Ortho...yep. I have never had better mean average FPS, with it fully cranked, as I am now getting. I don't use, or have any VR gear...but we non-VR'ers are certainly benefiting from the code tweaks.

Edited by Sesquashtoo

IMHO Maybe it's because aircraft are getting better, and that drives the market !!!

• Like 1

That would be great news.the more top end developers the better. For the last few weeks I was using xplane for my quick flight fix due to time constraints 30mins flights "no plan no rules sort of flying" Had time to do a full flight this weekend in P3D and it just felt heavy slow and dated. Starting to lean a little more to xplane every month.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

48 minutes ago, stephenbgs said:

That would be great news.the more top end developers the better. For the last few weeks I was using xplane for my quick flight fix due to time constraints 30mins flights "no plan no rules sort of flying" Had time to do a full flight this weekend in P3D and it just felt heavy slow and dated. Starting to lean a little more to xplane every month.

That is very much my own experience. I still use P3D due to high quality add-ons that I have, but it is REALLY hard coming back to it from XP11 or DCS.

• Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

9 hours ago, simbio said:

IMHO Maybe it's because aircraft are getting better, and that drives the market !!!

Maybe, although my personal theory is that it's because XP11 is the first version with a user interface that looks approachable to FSX/P3D users, instead of something coded in a bedroom by a Unix hacker. 
:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

2 hours ago, Paraffin said:

Maybe, although my personal theory is that it's because XP11 is the first version with a user interface that looks approachable to FSX/P3D users, instead of something coded in a bedroom by a Unix hacker. 

Defiantly has  a lot to do with it I believe way better easy fast interface.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

3 hours ago, Paraffin said:

It certainly is a big factor in why I chose XP11 over P3D, as my post FSX simulator.  I would have never considered XP10.

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

Hope FlyTampa releases their upcoming KLAS for XPL 11!

• Like 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Thanks to FF A320 I am currently downloading X Plane 11. I never thought I'd be saying or typing this but the wait for the Aerosofts A319 has been brutal. After trying the demo I was surprised to see my 6600 K chucking along. Ready for a change and that night lighting, wooowww!!!!

Edited by sbague1