Sign in to follow this  
bic

Is this a 'brilliant' landing? (video)

If you talking about the Northwest A330...that has to be one of the best landings yet! I give it 7/7!Regards,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

That landing was perfectly fine, it was well within the touchdown zone.

I noticed that the flare was quite high. I had read that Airbuses tend to flare more then Boeings. Would this qualify as a typical A330 flare?I actually saw the US AIRWAYS 757's landing at Princess Juliana airpot in St-Maarten (Netherland Antilles) and they too flared quite a bit, about as much as this A330. It was a windy day at Juliana(SXM/TNCM) so I thought that might have something to do with it. Any input would be appreciated.By the way: This is a US AIRWAYS A330, not a Northwest.John

Guest CRJ700FO

my bet is the fp and the non fp had a bet as to who could hold the nosewheel off the longest.besides who knows where they were going afterwards, ie was the terminal at the end of the runway so they just wanted to roll it out, etc.

Guest Chris440Cuda

Really tip-toed in on that one. Is that what's referred to as a "greaser"? Providing a nice soft landing for the passengers' comfort would seem to be the reason for doing something like that. I wouldn't call it brilliant, but it was neat to see. Do that on a check-ride and I'd bet you won't get a compliment from the guy in the other seat!

Looks like there's not much need to slam on the brakes as the terminal is near the end of the runway. ATC may have authorized or even specified a "long landing".

10700k / Gigabyte 3060