Sign in to follow this  
mihalich

No gates available at this airport

Hi Dave,

Quick question.  In X-Plane 11 and latest P2A, when i request taxi to a gate, what causes P2A to say 'no gates available at this airport'?  in the Info window, on the runways and gates tab, there are gates listed there.  Even if I select one of the gates, and request taxi to that exact gate, i get the same answer.  This happens at KLGB to me all the time.  I have no traffic enabled, and the gates are physically empty.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe.

I just tried it from Runway 30 at KLGB and got good taxi instructions to Gate G1, which was my selected gate.

Honda One Victor Bravo Request Taxi to the Gate;

Honda One Victor Bravo Taxi to Gate Golf one Via taxiways Lima One, Lima, Charlie, Golf, Hold Short Runway Two Five Left

Where were you when you requested taxi?  Try it from the departure end of RW30 and see if you get the same results. 

Thanks,

Dave

• Like 1

Yeah, made no difference for me.

Oh, I should mention that i imported the gates and taxiways from x-plane...which is the default KLGB shipped with x-plane.  Is there some property in the gates i need to set to make them available?

Here's a screen shot of the gates, and the properties of gate 10

https://photos.app.goo.gl/s9ika32dBN79xyei1

Joe

Edited by mihalich

OK.  I see the problem.

Notice that the type is Ramp_GA_Large.  That needs to be changed to one of the Gate types in order to have gates.

Dave

Wow not getting this at all. On a very rare occasion I get assigned a gate when I am taxiing in after a flight. I get the "... no gates available ... " almost all the time. Saw the posts above and  tried to have a look.

Went into the Taxi Mnt I tried importing an airport from Xplane 11 which appeared to be successful.

So tried a flight this morning. KIAH to KORD. I had imported KIAH. Flew to KORD and got "... no gates avaialable..." .  Turned around and flew back to KIAH.

I had previously been getting the "no gates" so I imported KIAH. What I got when asked to taxi to the gate was, "RAMPSTART B" spelled out phonetically as my gate.

What am I missing???

Thanks Dave

If you're flying with an Airline call sign, and you don't select a gate in the Info window or request one verbally, then P2A looks for a gate that is assigned to your airline.  If you haven't assigned gates to airlines, that could result in the "No gates available".  However, you should be able to select a gate in the Info Window before calling for taxi and then request "....taxi to the gate" and you should get assigned that gate.  Be sure to include the word "the" before gate to get the desired result.

Dave

Tried a flight KIAH to KDEN and when I got to Denver I got a gate but didn't get the taxi route on the map.

Return flight to Houston and when I go there I still got  sent to RAMPSTART B.

Do I select a gate by simply highlighting one on the info page? Do i have to "save changes" ? Any ideas why I didn't get the taxi route mapped out?

Thanks.

Dave

Am I missing this stuff in the manual somewhere?? I was not having any luck looking there.

To select a gate in the info panel, select it in the dropdown window or click in the map area.

Sometimes, there is missing or bad taxiway data between your aircraft position and the destination gate.  This will make it impossible for the program to calculate and display the route.  If you plan on using an airport frequently, it might be worth using Taxi Mnt to find and fix these problems.  Most common is either missing or unnamed taxi paths.

Dave

Still no luck at KIAH. I get the same RAMPSTART B with everything I have tried. This airport is downloaded from xplane.org

I think I am following what you said. I have imported the taxiways and the gates into P2ATC for KIAH. I plan my flight to KIAH. I open Taxi Mnt. I select a gate by clicking on it. I fly the flght and when I request taxi to the gate. I don't get the gate I clicked on. I also tried waiting until I had landed and taxied off the runway before opening  Taxi Mnt and selecting a gate. No luck.

I'm still missing something.

10 minutes ago, dave391 said:

I also tried waiting until I had landed and taxied off the runway before opening  Taxi Mnt and selecting a gate. No luck.

You need to select the desired gate in the Info window, not in Taxi Mnt.  Taxi Mnt can be used to edit gate names, airline assignments, etc. but after getting it set up there, you use the Info window to select the gate for taxi-in.

Dave

Sorry for pushing this thread up again but the problem still exists. If you import the gates and taxi ways for KIAH from the default XP11 scenery Pilot2ATC just shows nothing. It claims that it has updated 200 something taxi ways but there are just none for the whole airport. 

Turns out there was a bug in the program specific to KIAH.  It will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks for the report.

Dave

Oh, glad I could help and thanks for the support. 

For everyone with the same problem: A temporary solution for me was to install the recommended scenery for KIAH from gateway: https://gateway.x-plane.com/scenery/page/KIAH 

For that scenery the import functions for taxi ways and gates works just fine. 

Is there anyway to reserve a Gate using Pilot2ATC? I recently downloaded Traffic Global and find it much better and easier to use than WT3 but often when I get to an airport, depending on the time of day there are no gates available - there are AI aircraft parked at all the gates.

Edited by CaptainRJ
Spelling Mistake