Sign in to follow this  
AugustoV

Low res VC lighting

I've only recently bought P3D v4 and along with it PMDG's 747, and I've been having a blast except for one problem; I've noticed that the lighting in my VC is vastly inferior to what I can see in YouTube videos or screenshots (this is most noticeable in the light just above the PFD). I've done everything within my power to solve this, from playing around with the in game settings and then the NVidia control panel and inspector but to no avail. Any help or even an explanation would be greatly appreciated (I have not yet attached any images as I am yet to figure out how to inset images taken on my computer, but I do have them available, so any help in uploading them would also be appreciated; unless you wish for me to directly send them to you)

Thanks in advance! Augusto Vicco

1 hour ago, AugustoV said:

I've only recently bought P3D v4 and along with it PMDG's 747, and I've been having a blast except for one problem; I've noticed that the lighting in my VC is vastly inferior to what I can see in YouTube videos or screenshots (this is most noticeable in the light just above the PFD). I've done everything within my power to solve this, from playing around with the in game settings and then the NVidia control panel and inspector but to no avail. Any help or even an explanation would be greatly appreciated (I have not yet attached any images as I am yet to figure out how to inset images taken on my computer, but I do have them available, so any help in uploading them would also be appreciated; unless you wish for me to directly send them to you)

Welcome to the forums, please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

Without any picture it will be difficult to understand what exactly you are seeing.  You can upload the pictures to dropbox or google drive and attach the link

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

58 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

Without any picture it will be difficult to understand what exactly you are seeing.  You can upload the pictures to dropbox or google drive and attach the link

Imgur works too, and it is much more straightforward, without the need to register or log in. 

Thank you both very much for your help, here are the images I took

Image 1:

3xDoGkD.png

Image 2, here its the most noticeable in the light just above the PFD (notice how its compromised of green and red dots along  with the orange lights):

Rf3KUnv.png

Image 3, this is an example taken for m a YouTube video; I've seen many other examples that look like this (better than mine) but this one best matched the angle of Image 2

VTzkZln.png

I've anything further is required from my part; ill be more than happy to help

Look at your flood light switch: it seems to only be switched on for dim lighting. Also, could you switch on the integral lights too? Kinda hard to see. Try to press the FLOOD button on the lower overhead and then take a screenshot.

heres a close up of what I'm referring myself to with this whole "low res" thing 

P0MWZEE.png

Ah I see your problem......hmmm, I don't really know now... Maybe you should file a support ticket with PMDG on this. Sorry, this is out of my league. Anyways, I'll go check my 744 to see if this is your problem with settings or a corrupted file or if this might be a bug with P3D v4 or PMDG. Meanwhile, file a support ticket.

All I see wrong is the normal moire pattern that has more to do with the limits of your hardware than anything wrong with the model.  See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moiré_pattern

This topic comes up every couple of months here, I'm sure a search will reveal several threads from the past year that also discuss this.  The solution is to adjust your lighting or get a higher resolution display, or learn to live with it.

Dan Downs KCRP

If I were you, I'd turn off the storm lighting switch (it looks like it is on), and adjust your lighting a little better. Some things don't even appear to be on. But Dan is correct in his statement. Remember, many of these lighting knobs are dual concentric and serve 2 purposes.

1 hour ago, MattS said:

If I were you, I'd turn off the storm lighting switch

Yes, um...well, I asked him to turn it on to confirm it wasn't some lights not showing enough.

I'll see what I can do regarding a ticket, I don't want to waste much of PMDG's time on something "non essential"; and regarding my specs, my computer has a GTX1060, intel core i7 and 16gigs of ram, so I'd believe there should be no problem there. Its also important to note that while there exists the possibility of this having to do with the resolution of my display, the fact that its also visible in the screenshots kind of disproves that theory as far as I can tell; either way thank you all for helping!

I see it too with a 4K monitor.  I believe I've read here before it's a side-effect of the way the lighting is done.

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:35 PM, AugustoV said:

Image 3, this is an example taken for m a YouTube video; I've seen many other examples that look like this (better than mine) but this one best matched the angle of Image 2

VTzkZln.png

I've anything further is required from my part; ill be more than happy to help

It is in fact the way lighting is usually done in P3D, another example was the TFDI 717 (tough this only occurred on the P3D v3 version). but in that case my question is how to get the lighting to look as it does in the picture above, I mention again that, there are many many more examples of the lighting looking like it looks above on the internet, this is just an example that best suited the angles I provided. I guess the question now becomes how to make the lighting look like this (and yes I've also tried turning the lights on during the day as is the case in the example picture but there is no difference)

I know what you mean my solution:

HDR and display lightning intensity.

Reduce the bloom value and turn the brightness of the desired displays down.

For testing purposes you can also try to turn off HDR enterliey

Edited by 30K

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png