Sign in to follow this  
airernie

AI GA Aircraft

All of the commercial AI packages that feature GA aircraft use some or only the FSX default aircraft.  Not much excitement in seeing the same few liveries over and over again.

In the past years, Todd Bolgrin has uploaded 22 AI FSX models to the library. These can easily be added to UT2 and with a bit of effort to MyTraffic for more variety.  A third option is AIFP.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Not quite sure what the point of this thread is supposed to be, but there's other models from the following authors out there:

Klaus Brosemann
Andras Neumann
Dee Waldron
Henry Tomkiewicz
Mike Cronin
Richard Faith(?)

Unless he updated them accordingly, Todd's models usually do not feature LOD models, which may cause quite a bit of a performance hit in some situations.

Flight plans can be auto-generated with Markus Brunner's "GA Traffic" (quite an old tool that requires workarounds) or Traffic Database Builder from the SDK (requires some time for setting up, but works flawlessly after that),

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

2 hours ago, Bjoern said:

Not quite sure what the point of this thread is supposed to be, but there's other models from the following authors out there:

Yes there are, and I use most if not all of them. 

The point however was that his new ones are FSX native unlike most of the ones you mentioned, so no fixing the prop, dealing with opaque windows, etc.  

Besides, Todd seems the only one currently generating new AI GA models, so I felt it was worth a mention.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

3 hours ago, airernie said:

Yes there are, and I use most if not all of them. 

The point however was that his new ones are FSX native unlike most of the ones you mentioned, so no fixing the prop, dealing with opaque windows, etc.  

Besides, Todd seems the only one currently generating new AI GA models, so I felt it was worth a mention.

Fair enough.

I've converted all of the other models a few years ago. If you can live with a slow turning prop (akin to a slow-scan camera effect) and don't need visibility items like tie-downs, making them FSX native is definitely possible.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Todd's been a busy fellow! Thanks it's nice to know about these new models.

Barry Friedman