Sign in to follow this  
MOD71

P3D V4.2 CTD when raining

3 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I was able to duplicate but this time few clouds.  FSUIPC log is showing Advanced Weather Interface Enabled and then Weather Mode then nothing.  Saw few clouds.  Got to FL173.

Last thing I updated as ASP4.

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks for testing Jim. Very odd indeed. LM seem to know about it (inferred from their post on their forums), however are scant on detail.

Cheers.

Murray Dreyer

8 hours ago, B777ER said:

LM knows about the precipitation issue. It will happen with a vanilla install. Change of intensity of the rain or snow causes it. 

According to my understanding, any change in precipitation intensity within the sim will cause a CTD. Does this mean that if ASP4 changes the intensity, the sim will crash regardless whether "detailed precipitation" is ticked or unticked?

I am asking because yesterday I could reproduce CTDs during rain in LJLJ and they disappeared when I loaded the scenario without rain. I did not know that there is a bug in P3D until I saw this thread.

Edited by Cargostorm

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

22 hours ago, mdreyer said:

Thanks for testing Jim. Very odd indeed. LM seem to know about it (inferred from their post on their forums), however are scant on detail.

Cheers.

Just a quick followup as my CTD's were not related to OP (or at least do not appear to be related).  I flew from FSDT KLAX to FlightBeam KPHX and always crashed on descent into KPHX between FL170 and FL220.  Once got to FL110.  Always no crash error or event.  Just went to desktop without an error.  Checked FB and they had an update for KPHX.  Updated and no more CTD's. 

Related with OP, when I took off from KLAX it was pouring rain but no CTD.  I certainly had a lot of short pauses though and each time thought it would crash but flight continued.  Sad there would be pauses like this when you have a very powerful system!  No autogen or cloud shadows/reflections.  Since FSUIPC was the cause of past stuttering, I suspect FSUIPC but have latest version 5.124a.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

23 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Just a quick followup as my CTD's were not related to OP (or at least do not appear to be related).  I flew from FSDT KLAX to FlightBeam KPHX and always crashed on descent into KPHX between FL170 and FL220.  Once got to FL110.  Always no crash error or event.  Just went to desktop without an error.  Checked FB and they had an update for KPHX.  Updated and no more CTD's. 

Related with OP, when I took off from KLAX it was pouring rain but no CTD.  I certainly had a lot of short pauses though and each time thought it would crash but flight continued.  Sad there would be pauses like this when you have a very powerful system!  No autogen or cloud shadows/reflections.  Since FSUIPC was the cause of past stuttering, I suspect FSUIPC but have latest version 5.124a.

Best regards,

Jim

Glad you got it resolved Jim. I'd be curious to know if you get a CTD starting at an airport in clear conditions (no Active Sky), then switching to grey and rainy once the scenario has loaded.

Cheers.

Murray Dreyer

Had this problem yesterday at LDDU. Had no idea what was going on. I never had this kind of CTD issue before with P3Dv4. Rain was alternating between heavy and light. Tried it like 6 times. Finally shut down AS4 and got away from the airport. Had rain as I didn’t clear out the weather, just wasn’t changing. Started up AS4 after departure and all was good after that.

Then saw this thread...:laugh:

Hope they fix this.

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

CTD for me as well, happens as soon as the rain starts.

Active Sky and p3d v4  4.5.12.30293

Edited by drose12ca