Sign in to follow this  
MarioDonick

High-quality small and slow aircraft for P3D v4

Hi all,

can you recommend small and slow aircraft which work in P3D v4?

In the real world, I'm learning flying in a Comco-Ikarus C42, but from what I hear, the P3D payware is not very good. Any similar alternatives? (For reference: A C172 is already too big and fast; also, no traildragger please).

Would also be great if the panel comes WITHOUT artificial horizon.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

hmmm. Only plane I can think of is Ant's Eaglet LSA.

Also the recently released Justflight C152

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

2 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

ehm.. a glider?..

:laugh: No. I need an engine and a closed cabin. Simply what is called "ultra light" in Germany or LSA in other countries (but not the same a micro light, i.e. no trike or anything without cabin).

36 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

Only plane I can think of is Ant's Eaglet LSA.

Oh, this looks actually quite nice. And has a demo version, which I just installed...

11 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

Just uploaded to the library flightport_soloy_mark2_v1_p3dv4.zip

Thanks, but that's a based on a Cessna 206 -- a little bit too big and fast ;)

55 minutes ago, MarioDonick said:

:laugh: No. I need an engine and a closed cabin. Simply what is called "ultra light" in Germany or LSA in other countries (but not the same a micro light, i.e. no trike or anything without cabin).

Oh, this looks actually quite nice. And has a demo version, which I just installed...

Yup! it is worth it though. Really bang for the buck with some features that you can only find on high-price planes :)

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

18 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

Yup! it is worth it though. Really bang for the buck with some features that you can only find on high-price planes :)

Indeed. Even the demo version is very good and fully usable, and the price for the full version is way too low, imo.

EDIT: Well I just saw that C172 is too big and fast for you, so my bad... I guess you can skip on my post! The Cub might have been good, though I see that it's not P3D compatible :/

What about any of A2A's GA aircraft? I've had the A2A C172 for a while now, but admittedly had never gotten around to fly it properly. I recently got a new rig that is able to handle VFR flying like I've never been able to do it, and just yesterday I started to actually learn how to fly the A2A C172. The simulation is an absolute treat! There is a host of little things that make  this airplane come to life more so than most planes I've had the pleasure of flying in the sim. For example, the engine's vibrations on engine start, it's angry sputtering when I accidentally flooded the engine (because I've never had to think about that before with any of the other GA aircraft I've in in the sim), the effect of a notch of flaps on approach... I could go on and on. And I haven't even begun to mention the simulation of aircraft maintenance! Truly, this is a plane that feels like it's 'mine'. Starting a new flight will give you the plane the way you left it last time, in the sense that fuel and oil levels wouldn't have been refilled. It prompts you to really do those pre-flight checks! In all honesty, I've never felt that sense of urgency before, and I feel it truly elevates the experience to a new level. Especially if you're training in real life, you may appreciate this level of detail. For me, it is definitely the best simulated GA airplane I've owned. I'm enjoying it so much, as a matter of fact, that I've begun considering buying one more of the A2A's GA aircraft...

Edited by Benjamin J

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I use the A2A cherokee. A totally delightful flight experience.

Bill W

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I enjoy the Milviz Otter. They also have a Beaver. Not so small but slow as they come. At full flaps I've had the Otter down to knots in the 40s before stalling and an easy recovery. STOL so you can make a steep approach and land on a cow pasture. More fun then a basket full of speckled puppies.

Vic green

5 hours ago, MarioDonick said:

Indeed. Even the demo version is very good and fully usable, and the price for the full version is way too low, imo.

I highly recommend Ant's Eaglet LSA; it is the only plane that I now fly in P3D (as I plan to train in the Flight Design CTLSi).

As you may already know, the Eaglet works well with the Flight1's GTN 750 / 650. I highly recommend the GTN as well. Also, the customer support answered me back within a day, which I thought was a quick response.

6 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

What about any of A2A's GA aircraft?

6 hours ago, BillW said:

I use the A2A cherokee.

I love my A2A Comanche. But these are still a different class :)

I think I'll stick with the Eaglet for now. Even this is slightly heavier than an UL in Germany (at least now; but they plan to increase the MTOW to 600 kg this year), and has more instruments on the panel than I need, but it's fun to fly, and the dedication the developer has obviously spend on the model is admirable.