Sign in to follow this  
Razman Farook

I accidentally deleted the FSX weather related "wxstationlist.BIN" file name

Hello there, all aspiring aviation enthusiasists!

Okay, so I'am just a newbie to  the AVSIM community and this is the very first topic you are reading from me. So please excuse me for my different behavior. I searched through so many different forums to answer my topic with ease, but couldn't find an answer at all. Not lying.

Now lets get to the problem. While i was installing the freeware FSXWX weather engine for my Microsoft FSX boxed version with given instructions on how to correctly install it, i messed up. I was told to delete the "wxstationlist.BIN" (excluding quotes) file name with the file type extension being ".BIN" (excluding quotes) from the path:

"C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\wxstationlist.BIN".

But instead, the foolish brain of mine accidentally misunderstood the instructions and deleted the file in this path:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Weather\wxstationlist.BIN".

And i even forgot to backup the file. But i promise to do it next time. Silly me. It will be really greatful of anyone if you can lend a helping hand to upload that 25 KB file worth of stations which sits on the path: 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Weather\wxstationlist.BIN".

I can't even bother trying to re-install the whole game from scratch, re-install the whole bunch of add-ons and add the tweaks and the configs back. It really takes a long time!

Thanks alot!

Do you still have wxstationlist.BIN in your "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\wxstationlist.BIN"? From my understanding, that file is just coppied from FSX weather folder. So you can try to take that one and put it back in weather folder.

I could be wrong, don't have FSX installed anymore, so i can't try it. Let us know if that works

You could always try the run the "repair" from disk 1 to see if it will regenerate it?

34 minutes ago, spokes2112 said:

According to this site - if FSX\Weather\wxmapping.bin exists then FS will rebuild %appdata%\Microsoft\FSX\wxstationlist.bin on the next start.
From my experience this is true..

I temporarily removed mine and let a new one rebuild.  Worked fine.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Or, as with any files you delete in Windows, just restore it from the Recycle Bin.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit