Sign in to follow this  
SquadronLeader

Continuous reloading of land, sea and air traffic

Hi, I am using V4.2 on Windows 10 64 bit. When I start P3D - it appears to load OK - I have the plane on the runway - and then I keep getting a message box about every 5 seconds telling me that it is loading land, sea and air traffic. I uninstalled all components of P3D V4.2 and then re-installed and the same issue continues - has anyone any thoughts?

George Westwell

1 hour ago, SquadronLeader said:

Hi, I am using V4.2 on Windows 10 64 bit. When I start P3D - it appears to load OK - I have the plane on the runway - and then I keep getting a message box about every 5 seconds telling me that it is loading land, sea and air traffic. I uninstalled all components of P3D V4.2 and then re-installed and the same issue continues - has anyone any thoughts?

First step find all traffic bgl files and move them out, if it loads put them back one by one to find the problem. There are old traffic files made for fs9 that do not work in p3d

Edited by Boeing or not going

Many thanks Boeing for your suggestion. 

On one occasion when I was loading P3D - I got a message telling me that it could not find the traffic.dll file and suggesting that I reinstalled the program. I downloaded a 'fresh' copy - installed it - and still the same problem.

I should mention that my programme has worked fine in the past - I have lots of add ons - but fundamentally - as far as I am aware nothing has changed.

Any further thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

George Westwell

12 hours ago, SquadronLeader said:

Many thanks Boeing for your suggestion. 

On one occasion when I was loading P3D - I got a message telling me that it could not find the traffic.dll file and suggesting that I reinstalled the program. I downloaded a 'fresh' copy - installed it - and still the same problem.

I should mention that my programme has worked fine in the past - I have lots of add ons - but fundamentally - as far as I am aware nothing has changed.

Any further thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

You uninstalled p3d from add/remove program control panel then ran the installer again?

Yes I have uninstalled P3D from the add/remove program control panel and ran the installer again - several times now. I have also disabled my anti virus and malware programs during installation - but still the problem persists.

George Westwell

On 3/23/2018 at 6:34 AM, SquadronLeader said:

Yes I have uninstalled P3D from the add/remove program control panel and ran the installer again - several times now. I have also disabled my anti virus and malware programs during installation - but still the problem persists.

Hello George

Did you remove the generated files after you Uninstalled Prepar3D ?  These files need to manually removed as the uninstall process does not remove these.

Normally this would disable all your Add On's and bring Prepar3D back to a default state again,  As you have no Add On's please try this step

---------

Remove the 3 Prepar3D generated folders using the "Delete generated files" command in the core Prepar3D folder

These folders and files will generate again when Prepar3D is launched next

Navigate to your core Prepar3D v4 folder,  Scroll down a bit, Double left Click on the file Delete Generated files,  A small black window will appear and then disappear again,  this is normal

Then launch Prepar3D and test 

Try that and let me know how you get on

Poppet

Thank you - I did not realise that I had to delete generated files - so will do this when I get home tonight. That said - I do have many add on's - will they get deleted?

George Westwell

I had the same problem a few years ago with FSX so not sure if it applies to P3D but the problem I had was with FSUIPC syncing real time. Unchecking the option solved the constant reloading of AI traffic. 

Regards

Asbjørn

3 hours ago, SquadronLeader said:

Poppet

Thank you - I did not realise that I had to delete generated files - so will do this when I get home tonight. That said - I do have many add on's - will they get deleted?

Hello

I only suggested taking this action because you stated you had Uninstalled and reinstalled Prepar3D already 

But Yes,  If you run this command it will disable all your Add On's,  Not uninstall them but just disable them  

What Add On's do you have Installed ?  And maybe we can take a different direction 

Boeing, Poppet and 3atcos - many thanks for your suggestions. It looks like FSUIPC was the culprit - as when I unclicked the syncing real time - the problem has disappeared. That said, when I started to roll the plane down the runway, I got stutterers every 3/4 seconds - which I did not have before. Any further thoughts?

Thanks again to this great community.

George Westwell