Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

Ultra Weather XP 2.2 anyone?

Looking for opinions about this, been looking the pics and the few videos on YT and looks good, my question is, this no more than a clouds/sky replace and shaders plugin, does it worth the money asked?

Edited by dmarques69

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

+1

After my Xenviro and Skymaxx experience I am very skeptical of such add-ons now. They seem to promise a lot but deliver less than expected, especially from a performance standpoint. The default X-Plane clouds have improved significantly but I still find them lacking. I long for ActiveSky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve310002 said:

+1

After my Xenviro and Skymaxx experience I am very skeptical of such add-ons now. They seem to promise a lot but deliver less than expected, especially from a performance standpoint. The default X-Plane clouds have improved significantly but I still find them lacking. I long for ActiveSky.

Exactly Steve, i also have xenviro and as been a disappointment, and that 1.08 is being hard to deliver, so now im extra careful on buying any other weather addon for XP. As for ActiveSky i have a felling that is never going to happen!! XP as some limitations in weather depiction that P3D/FSX doenst have, and i dont believe that HIFI wants to release a mediocre program, unless laminar dedicates some resources to the improvement of their weather system, real companies like HIFI or REX are going to staty still.

Edited by dmarques69
  • Upvote 1

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

the screenshots and videos look good, but for me the biggest problem are the sudden weather changes every 15 min or longer. Reminds FSX times 10 years ago.

Would plugins like Real Weather Connector help in this regard and can it be used with Ultra Weather ?

Or are there any other solutions to get weather changes more gradually ? 

Edited by mikealpha

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

18 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

the biggest problem are the sudden weather changes

Or are there any other solutions to get weather changes more gradually ? 

Indeed, but that's another XP limitation, all of them do that, xenviro, smp, uwxp, default, you name it... so unfortunately the answer for now is no :(

Marques

53 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

Indeed, but that's another XP limitation, all of them do that, xenviro, smp, uwxp, default, you name it... so unfortunately the answer for now is no :(

Ok, thanks for info ! So that really means waiting for ActiveSkyXP.

1 minute ago, mikealpha said:

Ok, thanks for info ! So that really means waiting for ActiveSkyXP.

Mike since you are here ;) i noticed that you have exactly the specs that im thinking to move to, whats you experience with the 8700k especially in XP?, assuming that you LG monitor is 4k...

Marques

1 hour ago, dmarques69 said:

whats you experience with the 8700k especially in XP?, assuming that you LG monitor is 4k...

Quite good so far, yes running at 4k. I must admit, I'm fairly new to XP (due to the FF320) and not that much into it yet regarding optimisations. With pretty much everything set to high (except Anti-Aliasing set to off, it's not really needed at that resolution), it is quite smooth. I don't have many Addons installed yet, just HD Mesh, SimheavenEuropeV2 and XLife. At Aerosoft EDDF I get around 35-37 fps with the FF320. But no weather addon yet.

Anyway, looks gorgeous especially at night :)

Edited by mikealpha
  • Like 2

Hi guys

It seem that Active Sky XP is still alive. I have sent a message in there forum and they replied this." Hi, as Dave has said you will find an announcement in the area specified above. Also watch for news from sites such as FSElite, PCFlight, AirDailyX, Mutleys Hangar etc."

So I guess I will wait.

If anyone need to keep good FPS then you could get a free plugin for X-Plane 11. It is called 3jFPS-wizard11. You will need 3 files; FlyWithLua, 3jFPS-control and 3jFPS-wizard. This is an excellent plugin.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, michelh said:

Hi guys

It seem that Active Sky XP is still alive. I have sent a message in there forum and they replied this." Hi, as Dave has said you will find an announcement in the area specified above. Also watch for news from sites such as FSElite, PCFlight, AirDailyX, Mutleys Hangar etc."

So I guess I will wait.

If anyone need to keep good FPS then you could get a free plugin for X-Plane 11. It is called 3jFPS-wizard11. You will need 3 files; FlyWithLua, 3jFPS-control and 3jFPS-wizard. This is an excellent plugin.

Thanks for the info mate, well they didnt say much, but lets have hope :)

As for that plugin, thank you for the share, i already tried, it does what is announced... with the cost of visuals, basically reduces your view distance removing auto gen and clouds to gain fps's...not my kind of plugin :)

Marques

Summing up, not one opinion about UWXP, nobody as this :cool:

Marques

Fare enough dmarques69, I have it setup in advance mode to max detail mode and I am running max graphics. I use it primary to trouble shoot the areas that go below 30fps.

On 3/21/2018 at 4:08 PM, michelh said:

Fare enough dmarques69, I have it setup in advance mode to max detail mode and I am running max graphics. I use it primary to trouble shoot the areas that go below 30fps.

michelh you have UWXP just for troubleshooting? ok :blink:

Marques

well we already know active sky is in the works along with the flight factor 777 v2, this is gonna be a great year for x-plane 11