Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

Ultra Weather XP 2.2 anyone?

Ultra weather XP looks decent enough for the price, certainly when compared with the Xenviro 70 USD fiasco. I would hold on though. Whilst UWXP looks good, I don't feel it is exceptional enough to buy right now. X-Plane 11's default clouds in comparison are okayish (though still don't bring a smile to my face) especially if you use the free plug-ins. I think the point is that there is nothing mind blowing or even very good available due to limitations of X-Plane's existing atmospheric engine, and a lack of big players in the add-on market. Active Sky may well change that as I believe they have a bigger team and a lot of experience in this area. However, it seems that most of the existing sky and cloud add-ons are made by one man teams which whilst admirable, limits what can be achieved. To summarize, if I were you, I'd wait for now and use the freeware in the meantime. Maybe, just maybe, Xenviro 1.08 will blow our minds if it is released this side of the 21st century but I wouldn't hold my breath. I have been burnt too many times with X-Plane weather add-ons (well actually twice...Skymaxx Pro and Xenviro....but being burnt twice is enough :gaul:).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have It in use to get better FPS, the clouds are editable in many ways and that works well for me. Had a few crashes with Xenviro and used Maxx products before. 

I recommend it.

On 3/23/2018 at 3:56 PM, Patriot3810 said:

well we already know active sky is in the works along with the flight factor 777 v2, this is gonna be a great year for x-plane 11

Is there definitive proof of a FF 777v2? All they have confirmed is a flight model UPDATE is being worked on for their current model. Not a completely new version. 

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090