Sign in to follow this  
njuser

Disable "I show you to be off the airway"

Hi Friends,

I'm using P3D v4.1 with my RC4 and am wondering if there is a way to disable "I show you to be off the airway" and the related phrases ATC will call out if it thinks I am off the airway or missed a way point.  I don't think adjusting heading deviations applies here.  Is there a way to maybe delete them from scripts or something?  Do I even want to start messing around with that?  Thanks.

Seth

Go to General>Deviations, and set Heading to a larger number (variance)...mine is set to 50.

spacer.png

This happens when the heading to the next waypoint differs to your current heading.

The answer is not to change the default value. You should press 9 and select 1. That option - from memory will let you choose the Direct To waypoint. This happens mainly when you have missed a waypoint maybe because of a tight turn.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ok...so I don't seem to be getting that message for now.  However, I do keep getting "Fly heading XXX until receiving suitable for navigation.  Proceed direct when able."  How do I get that to stop?  According to my FMC and the map, I am following my route.  The heading I am told to follow is only off by a few degrees from what my autopilot is flying.  At least it's not telling my I am off the airway.  Thanks!

Seth  

But are you heading towards the active waypoint as far as RC is concerned? Remember, it knows nothing about your FMC and autopilot. All it know are the waypoints in the plan you have loaded into RC4.

The top line of the RC display will show the active waypoint and the required heading to reach it. How different is that to your actual heading?

The instruction you cited is familiar. I'm just trying to remember what part of the flight it happens. During the SID or beyond 30nm from your departure airport?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank you for the response.  Yes.  I am heading toward that way point.  My heading and the instructions are off by no more than 5 degrees.  But I still get instructed repeatedly.  The calls from ATC started almost immediately after handoff to departure.  Eventually they went away an hour into my flight after passing the first way point but then resumed again later on.  Am doing a long flight from LAX to Shanghai.  Thanks!  Is it better to have lots of waypoints close to each other?

It’s hard to advise without sight of the plan and your position. Late here and I’m out tomorrow until late. Have you read the manual? Also, please advise which departure procedure you selected.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather