Sign in to follow this  
epsilon9

PMDG porting more aircraft to Xplane?

I'm interested in learning if anyone has any information concerning  PMDG's plans on porting out its  amazing 737, 777 etc. to the Xplane platform in the future. I'm thinking the DC6 might have been a trial balloon and a foot in the door for future developments that will include its airline fleet. Please no opinions on what the best Sim is. I don't care. I have them all.  

• Like 1

Misleading/clickbait title much...

- All public details are in the PMDG forums regarding any future plans from them.

Edited by flightskyc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, flightskyc said:

- All public details are in the PMDG forums regarding any future plans from them.

What a poor way to treat a new member on his first post here.  :-(

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Well, I tend to agree with flightskyc, the subject/title is a bit misleading as it is not a question but rather a statement, whether from a new member or veteran poster.  

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

For beechcaptain,

I see a question mark at the end of: "PMDG porting more aircraft to Xplane?", and yes that's a question imho.

Some people like you tend to pick fights or twist words for no apparent reason. I don't understand why we have to be so cold when it doesn't cost anything

to be nice. Majority of the people here are looking for help and guidance, or have questions, nothing else. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

I added the question mark to clarify.

Let's please stick to the OP's question.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I think they will, sooner or later. All the big names are recognising the growing popularity of the XP11 platform and starting to develop for it.

• Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

We all hope that(well at least all that love XP ;)) not just only PMDG but all the good developers!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

A2A.... Ohhh A2A !!!

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

22 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

We all hope that(well at least all that love XP ;)) not just only PMDG but all the good developers!

Not me. Reading the update thread for XPL users, I feel the XP users being patronized by PMDG, I feel the PMDG fan base (or should I say word not allowed?) are making fun of XP users who wanted to convince PMDG to make an update for the DC-6. PMDG does not acknowledge that XP is a dynamic developing flight simulator platform. They simply can't follow the continuous changes and improvements by Laminar. Everybody knows the DC-6 was released for XP10.51, just a few month before the XP11 public beta release. Now the DC-6 is broken at various aspects and can't be used anymore for the XP users which have jumped on the XP11 train. I'm afraid if PMDG would ever port another plane to XP, they would do the same like they did with the DC-6. Develop for a certain version, then abandon it for an unknown period of time. And as a result you may not update the simulator, you can't benefit from new features and improvements of the simulator, if you want to keep on using any PMDG product. No, I would never purchase again a PMDG product for XP, if they are not willing to change their development attitude.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Find my free liveries for REPped aircraft models on:

banner_c210_1.png

PMDG made the DC-6 from scratch for XP 10. Then ported it to FSX/P3D. 

Torfi

I bought the PMDG DC-6 for X-Plane 10 and have enjoyed (still do when I feel like starting up that format) it, but found it no better than some of the offerings by others in the XP-11 run.

Having read PMDG's responses when queried about XP-11, it appears that they are pretty strongly against developing any future aircraft for our community, mostly due to the moving target and their unwillingness to follow.

Having said that, things change and they ARE in business to make money and that will probably be the deciding factor for them.

Personally, I am not locked into PMDG and got what I paid for, but do not see that they produce anything that others can't.  Again, the market will decide who produces what.

John

• Like 2

John Wingold

On 3/20/2018 at 12:19 PM, flightskyc said:

What exactly am I getting out bait/clicking  you flightskyc? It's a simple question. Guys thanks for responding and moderator thanks for adding the question mark if I left it out. 

16 hours ago, StefanH75 said:

Not me. Reading the update thread for XPL users, I feel the XP users being patronized by PMDG, I feel the PMDG fan base (or should I say word not allowed?) are making fun of XP users who wanted to convince PMDG to make an update for the DC-6. PMDG does not acknowledge that XP is a dynamic developing flight simulator platform. They simply can't follow the continuous changes and improvements by Laminar. Everybody knows the DC-6 was released for XP10.51, just a few month before the XP11 public beta release. Now the DC-6 is broken at various aspects and can't be used anymore for the XP users which have jumped on the XP11 train. I'm afraid if PMDG would ever port another plane to XP, they would do the same like they did with the DC-6. Develop for a certain version, then abandon it for an unknown period of time. And as a result you may not update the simulator, you can't benefit from new features and improvements of the simulator, if you want to keep on using any PMDG product. No, I would never purchase again a PMDG product for XP, if they are not willing to change their development attitude.

I agree with you. Some of their replies to genuine XP queries have been downright rude. Whilst we know PMDG are famously tight lipped about developments, some of their put downs when asked about future plans and updates to the DC6 smack of arrogance. They don't have to tell us XP users anything but they could say nothing in a nicer way.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography