Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

TSS - MD-8X JT8D is out

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Would have needed only external sounds. You don't hear the engines like that in the cockpit, they are too far away. But many want Hollywood in the Cockpit :)

Edited by mikealpha
  • Like 1

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

At one point they were going to release two config files, one for realistic cockpit sounds and one with louder sounds, did they end up doing that?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Just installed, the engine sounds are now fantastic. Outside is a now an OMG!

25 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

Would have needed only external sounds. You don't hear the engines like that in the cockpit, they are too far away. But many want Hollywood in the Cockpit :)

No there not much loader within the VC, but just loud enough to hear and when you crack the throttle up it's a lot richer and better quality. You get options to have louder if you wise I did not go for that. But take off is a stunning thing. Goto a wing view =:biggrin: WHAT! not the old :huh:

The MadDog is now complete imo.

@regis9 yes they did.

I had stopped flying the Dog as the sounds let it down, now the sounds are stunning. Out side with full throttle they scream, really scream lol

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

22 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

No there not much loader within the VC, but just loud enough to hear and a lot richer and better quality.

OK. Then the video gives a somewhat wrong impression.

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

46 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

OK. Then the video gives a somewhat wrong impression.

The sound addon makes a different engine start is different etc. But I think they showed it with more sound to show case the sounds, you can hear them more but I don’t think there over done. On climb you cannot hear them really.

Sounds like a great sound pack, thanks

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

So I picked these up and the external sounds are MUCH better.  The VC engine sounds are way too loud even with the 'Pilot version'.  I solved that be reducing my in-sim engine volume to about 20% and left the other 2 sliders at 100%.  The winds sound picks up at around 180 kts so that will tend to drown the engine noise a little if you do keep them a little louder.  I didn't even attempt the alternate version with louder engine sounds since the defaults were too loud to begin with.  I am not a huge fan of TSS sounds in general (good external sounds but I never found their VC sounds very realistic) but I think this was worth it.  The takeoff roll seems much better now with the bumps,rattling, vibration sounds, etc.  I need to do a full flight as I only did a takeoff and circle around to a landing but I think these will work good for me.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I'm just glad the maddog x developers chose to make the vc sounds realistic, that tss video sounds like you are in the last row of the plane!  That always bugged me about that other md80 for xplane, engines way too loud.  Simmers are always requesting louder engines because they expect to hear what they hear as a passenger.  You cant hear the md80 sounds form the flightdeck at all, I'll stick with the stock sounds.

• Upvote 1

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

11 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

I'm just glad the maddog x developers chose to make the vc sounds realistic, that tss video sounds like you are in the last row of the plane!  That always bugged me about that other md80 for xplane, engines way too loud.  Simmers are always requesting louder engines because they expect to hear what they hear as a passenger.  You cant hear the md80 sounds form the flightdeck at all, I'll stick with the stock sounds.

I agree. As an aircraft mechanic for Delta, I only taxied the MD-88 and DC-9 and you could not hear the engines unless you had the window open. You could hear when the engines lit off as that was very distinctive. But other than that, you really only hear the cooling fans in the cockpit.

Edited by rbsowder
  • Like 1

I'll pass.. Awful sound in the VC.. TSS always focus on the outside sounds.. no surprise for me.. Lets wait and see what the developers can do for us..

Questions for those who got the new TSS sound pack - 

1. What sound do you get in wing view? I am guessing since there is no cabin modeled I will be getting external (unrealistic) sound ?

2. Was the looping flap handle movement and looping APU start up sound fixed (compared to the older TSS package)?

Thanks!

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

14 minutes ago, Shomron said:

2. Was the looping flap handle movement and looping APU start up sound fixed (compared to the older TSS package)?

Nope...there is still the APU looping sound....

• Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

40 minutes ago, etopsbr said:

I'll pass.. Awful sound in the VC.. TSS always focus on the outside sounds.. no surprise for me.. Lets wait and see what the developers can do for us..

If you skip to 4:45 as the aircraft is on approach you cannot hear the engines and that's what I find most of the time.

We have to remember it's a demo of there sounds if they shows a VC with no sounds it would be odd to think people would buy it. "I hear nothing? I will buy that sound pack!"

Engine start up you can hear the light up, when engines are pushed for takeoff you can hear the engines but for me it's nice and not overdone the engine are working hard, at thrust reduction I can't hear them at all.

If you think there to loud you can side the engine slide setting down to suit personally taste.

36 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Questions for those who got the new TSS sound pack - 

1. What sound do you get in wing view? I am guessing since there is no cabin modeled I will be getting external (unrealistic) sound ?

Thanks!

Wing view is an outside view if you are on climb thrust there louder than default but not loud. It's when you push the trust levers forward, then they scream. 

I climbed out at +4000 FPM with throttles at almost full thrust. The sound on wing view and outside views was edictive. 

You can turn the engine sounds down like Eric from the normal 50% to your personally taste but at lease the sounds are there and not like the very weak default ones. The only fault with the maddog imo were I had to turn engine sounds upto 100% to get the outside to sound anything like. 

Turning a slider down to suit is not a bad thing is it?

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

Nope...there is still the APU looping sound....

I guess the APU looping sound is an issue with the stock sound provided by Leonrado.

Hopefully will be fixed in the future...

@Meekg can you please confirm?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]