Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

TSS - MD-8X JT8D is out

There is no APU looping sound.

When you start sim with certain stock aircrafts, and then load the Maddog, the previous stock aircraft engine sound starts looping.

We have no clue why.

If you start the Maddog directly or with certain other aircrafts (e.g. Baron or Piper Cub), the problem does not occur.

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

18 minutes ago, Meekg said:

When you start sim with certain stock aircrafts, and then load the Maddog, the previous stock aircraft engine sound starts looping.

We have no clue why.

If you start the Maddog directly or with certain other aircrafts (e.g. Baron or Piper Cub), the problem does not occur.

Hi - I get the looping APU sound and start with MD loaded directly from the menu.  It seems to happen at the end of a flight once parked.  I do not notice it at the start of a flight.

• Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

With the original sound pack I was getting a very annoying looping sound from the VC wind noise at cruise altitude.  I’m assuming all is well with the TSS sound pack in this regard?

Matt Wilson

10 hours ago, Meekg said:

We have no clue why.

That's correct. I load the Maddog from the opening screen and then into the flight no issue with looping APU sound (or any other sound). 

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

9 hours ago, mpw8679 said:

With the original sound pack I was getting a very annoying looping sound from the VC wind noise at cruise altitude.  I’m assuming all is well with the TSS sound pack in this regard?

Yes, all good with TSS. I did notice it too with the stock sound. With TSS I could not hear it anymore.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

8 hours ago, MMartinov said:

Yes, all good with TSS. I did notice it too with the stock sound. With TSS I could not hear it anymore.

Good news. Thank u!

Matt Wilson

For me this didn`t help, I got no external sounds whatsoever now..

No engine sounds in external view, all silent, so that is weird..
Is the coding of the MaddogX that causes that?

If I revert to the original sound pack who did come with the plane, everything works as it is supposed to, with external engine sounds and so on..

Edited by Airway88

28 minutes ago, Airway88 said:

For me this didn`t help, I got no external sounds whatsoever now..

No engine sounds in external view, all silent, so that is weird..
Is the coding of the MaddogX that causes that?

If I revert to the original sound pack who did come with the plane, everything works as it is supposed to, with external engine sounds and so on..

That shouldn't be the case, are you sure you installed it correctly?  Verify the cfg file is in the sound folder as well.  I don't care for how TSS does their installers as we still have to end up doing it all manually.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Just copied the TSS sound folder into the MaddogX Sound folder, and took a backup of the old one..
No engine sounds in external view..

Judging from the pictures taken of the “source” real life MD80 TSS used for recording the sounds, it looks like an MD87? It’s quite a bit shorter than the 81, and the engines are probably a bit more audible from the flight deck? Maybe that is why the engine sounds are more prominent? 

Have TSS done anything to address the poor quality avionics cooling fan sound, and the pressurization wheel moving sound? 

Purchased this sound set and thought the interior engine sounds were too loud. Ended up merging the stock interior sounds with the TSS exterior sounds and pretty happy with it. Best of both worlds. :cool:

11 hours ago, mbeck89 said:

Purchased this sound set and thought the interior engine sounds were too loud. Ended up merging the stock interior sounds with the TSS exterior sounds and pretty happy with it. Best of both worlds. :cool:

Care to send me a copy of that sound.cfg to try out?  I wanted a mix between the TSS exterior and Leonardo interior.

On 3/29/2018 at 3:59 AM, kristolz said:

Have TSS done anything to address the poor quality avionics cooling fan sound, and the pressurization wheel moving sound? 

Those are default sounds from Leonardo and work with the panel from a different folder as far as I know.  I didn't think the cooling fan sound was all that inaccurate though.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:26 AM, thibodba57 said:

Care to send me a copy of that sound.cfg to try out?  I wanted a mix between the TSS exterior and Leonardo interior.

Have you tried messing with the engine sound slider in P3D?  I set mine at 23 and the other two at 100 and it sounds great.  Doesn't seem like there should be a need to mix the sounds together.

Eric

Got the new TSS pack. I still get a weird quick spool up sound while starting the engines. 

Also, anyone has a tip on how to swap some files to get the interior sounds instead of the exterior ones in wing view?

Thanks!

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

While the TSS sound set is a vast improvement of the Maddog's exterior sounds, I too was not happy with the excessively loud engine sounds

in the cockpit.   I figured out a solution which was relatively easy which I'm very happy with, and found I did not have to figure out how to merge

sounds between the default and new sound set, which is problematic for all of us who are not gurus.     

I went to the TSS sound.cfg and commented out all of the internal (viewpoint=1)  sound files, except for the reverse thrust.   The end result was

that I hear no engine sounds from the cockpit (which is the way it is in the real MD-80) but all of fans and wind sounds are there, as are all of the

glorious new TSS exterior sounds.   I love the result; for me, it added tremendously to the immersiveness of the experience.