Sign in to follow this  
Boomer

CYOD scenery for P3Dv4

Does anyone know of one that works in p3dv4 please?

spacer.png

Only one I know of is ORBX freeware.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

13 hours ago, regis9 said:

Only one I know of is ORBX freeware.

Free...but dont you have to purchase their Basic Pack or some such first?

Edited by Boomer

spacer.png

There's a payware version of CYOD offered by Team SDB. Google "Cold Lake CFB FSX". You could also check with the folks at Military AI Works for a freeware version.

44 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

You could also check with the folks at Military AI Works for a freeware version.

Best I can tell, they have one they made but are hoarding it.

The TeamSBD appears to be substandard in that its only 17MB in size and only for FSuX.

Edited by Boomer

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

Best I can tell, they have one they made but are hoarding it.

The TeamSBD appears to be substandard in that its only 17MB in size and only for FSuX.

I don't have any Team SDB products so I can't say anything one way or the other about them, but their CYOD is usually less than $10 US online and the SDB Facebook page says that their products work in P3d4. They don't seem to use custom ground polys for the runway, apron and taxiway surfaces, but the buildings and hangars look like they are positioned correctly, at least from what I can see from their online screen captures.

Or just wait, MAIW is releasing a whole slew of freeware P3d4 versions of their airports and that may be why they are holding on to CYOD, as it is probably in closed beta.

7 hours ago, Boomer said:

Free...but dont you have to purchase their Basic Pack or some such first?

No it’s part of their freeware global airport packs, nothing else required.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU