Sign in to follow this  
woomera

Aerosoft A318/319 v. 1.31 & P3Dv4

Any way to use this with P3Dv4? I installed to the root directory of P3Dv4, but could not find any .gau files for A318/319. Is there a way to work this?

Thanks!

J. Preston

Guest JustanotherPilot

The Aerosoft Airbuses are not v4 compatible, they are one of the few developers who are very slow to update. They have published a timeline of their intentions for the Airbus series over in their Forums.

9 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

The Aerosoft Airbuses are not v4 compatible, they are one of the few developers who are very slow to update.

Yeah, them and Captain Sim!!!

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

12 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

The Aerosoft Airbuses are not v4 compatible, they are one of the few developers who are very slow to update.

Well not entierly true here mate...

AS is one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) FS Publisher on the market. They don't have 1 aircraft and/or 20 sceneries but more acft and hundreds of sceneries. With the same staff, they are unable to fulfill everyones wishes (in other words they set priorities meaning some users are happy others not so happy ;) ).

Furthermore the AS Busses were released years ago so the code was way to old to just rewrite it (and we won't be that happy with the results). So instead of a quick jump conversion thingie they decided to do it all over again with implementation of new findings, optimised coding, and so on -> so to say they are releasing almost a new ACFT.

I like this approach more than the quick and dirty thing and to confess, I'm also eager for the release (although I already have that other one ;) ).

Best wishes,

Gerald

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

1 hour ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Well not entierly true here mate...

AS is one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) FS Publisher on the market. They don't have 1 aircraft and/or 20 sceneries but more acft and hundreds of sceneries. With the same staff, they are unable to fulfill everyones wishes (in other words they set priorities meaning some users are happy others not so happy ;) ).

Furthermore the AS Busses were released years ago so the code was way to old to just rewrite it (and we won't be that happy with the results). So instead of a quick jump conversion thingie they decided to do it all over again with implementation of new findings, optimised coding, and so on -> so to say they are releasing almost a new ACFT.

I like this approach more than the quick and dirty thing and to confess, I'm also eager for the release (although I already have that other one ;) ).

Best wishes,

Gerald

This is wrong on so many levels. Look at the PMDG 737 which is way older than the Aerosoft busses... and we all have been enjoying it in P3Dv4 for many months. The airbusses are for sure their most sold project... So you would think they would shift enough resources to this project... it was and it is just a poor performance on Aerosofts side... 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

31 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

This is wrong on so many levels. Look at the PMDG 737 which is way older than the Aerosoft busses... and we all have been enjoying it in P3Dv4 for many months. The airbusses are for sure their most sold project... So you would think they would shift enough resources to this project... it was and it is just a poor performance on Aerosofts side... 

It’s a new aircraft. Except for the model, the whole thing is being redone. What’s so difficult to understand? 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

It’s a new aircraft. Except for the model, the whole thing is being redone. What’s so difficult to understand? 

And that is only the outside, the VC is completely new and so are the sounds as is......it's a new product is the best way to describe it.

The one I fly took 7 years so just how long has it been? since it probably going to be 90% new. If its a year is very fast.

If you don't want to wait then you have options.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The next Airbus Release from Aerosoft might of course be a "new" product, yes. But that´s not the reason for not porting the "old" Airbus to x64 P3Dv4...

In my opinion the reason for that decision was obviously just a commercial one. PMDG managed to port their whole product line within weeks after P3Dv4 release and the program code-base of their products is much, much bigger than those of the AS Airbus. Porting x86 to x64 is not as complicated as some publishers pretend. You don´t have to "rewrite" the whole code base to do so.

Aerosoft simply wants to push sales of the "new" Airbus by not giving customers a free x64 port of the old one. That approach is completely comprehensible in terms of business. The way Aerosoft communicates that to the public is not. Anyway, not providing a ported x64 Airbus after P3Dv4 for about 9 months now - just to keep customers at their A320 product family - might have been a huge own goal as they certainly lost market share to FSLabs.

• Upvote 2

AS has stated the Airbus is more than just a "port Over". They realized there were many update and changes that needed to occur. You omitted IMO is this statement "Aerosoft simply wants to push sales of the "new" Airbus by not giving customers a free x64 port of the old one"

17 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

AS has stated the Airbus is more than just a "port Over"

I didn´t question that.

19 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

They realized there were many update and changes that needed to occur.

Not for a plain x64 port only. Being a programmer by myself I simply don´t believe any story about the need of completely rewritten code just for x64 compatibility.
As I said before... I do understand their decision commercially but I don´t think their underlying argumentation is 100% candid.

1 hour ago, Schlotterknie said:

I didn´t question that.

Not for a plain x64 port only. Being a programmer by myself I simply don´t believe any story about the need of completely rewritten code just for x64 compatibility.
As I said before... I do understand their decision commercially but I don´t think their underlying argumentation is 100% candid.

Well thats because they didn't say it was a plain 64bit port.  I think that was their plan initially when v4 was a rumor but then decided to do the much needed work on the aircraft series as a whole to incorporate a ton of enhancements to take advantage of the 64bit arena.  Better FMC, systems, TrueGlass, lighting, etc so that is a much larger coding effort.  And as a coder then you should know anything with the FMC is a nightmare.  I'm guessing they wanted to keep pace with FSlabs but each aircraft provide a dfferent experience but it will be a much improved set of aircraft.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Not making a plain x64 port and doing any further development for a new version afterwards simply was a big mistake. That´s just really pretty bad customer retention.
Many users meanwhile went on to a well known competitors product. That´s also what I did.

I think your argument Schotterkie is very short sighted. They could have done a port over to please you and am sure others to. But what was there last Bus like? one side of the VC working only, one MCDU, FO side was just a mirror. I could go on.....it really was not good imo. I got a lot of stick of fans of it once for calling it a "toy", yer it was harsh and perhaps unfair but it really was not good. 

FSL have set imo a level above all. But Aerosoft is for a different market, they don't care about FSL and rightly so. But why should they waste time on porting a very basic (imo) bus? 

What they are doing is bringing a "new" bus out that will give people real options between the FSL and there version. You want Full on as close to a level D sim we can get go spend £130 and it's yours. If you want there new bus that is leagues better than their old one even in beta, it will probably have the best A320 VC that will "fully" work with lots of fun eye caddy stuff. It will be a working A320 with a great sound set and will be very enjoyable at that level of simulation it's not aimed at the FSL level. They will be two versions for two different types of simmer, but the gap will be a lot closer than before. That's good news for anyone wanting a Bus. The price difference is huge.

Do I think FSL have made aerosoft wont to up there game? yer ofc it has. 

Should they have wasted time on there old version? No.

You will just have to wait, I did for 7 years for the FSL A320.

O and the new Aerosoft Bus will cost you less than one wing of the FSL Bus. For people who bought the old bus from them its peanuts. 

The new Aerosoft bus will be a great product and a silly price for people that A) don't want to pay for the FSL version and B) don't appreciate or need/want that level of depth.

You will get a good Bus, you just have to wait and stick the old one in the bin, close the lid and forget about it. move on, because aerosoft have moved there bus on a long way and it's great to watch it develop. Also they put FSL PMDG to shame when it comes to keeping their customers informed on what happening and they should get a huge amount of praise for it. I don't know how they put up with the questions they get asked over there. I would have to have a bunch bag hanging close by. The times a question is asked and the answer is at the top of the page is breathtaking and they give the same people a Red button to press it so funny.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

11 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Also they put FSL PMDG to shame when it comes to keeping their customers informed on what happening and they should get a huge amount of praise for it. I don't know how they put up with the questions they get asked over there. I would have to have a bunch bag hanging close by. The times a question is asked and the answer is at the top of the page is breathtaking and they give the same people a Red button to press it so funny.

You did not really get what @Schlotterknie was trying to say. Exactly the opposite is the case. Because mostly when they "inform" you, they are pretty much telling you wrong stories. They might have a very good reason not to port the old bus over, but it is purely commercially (which is fine, but don't make up stories). For the most customers it would have been perfectly fine to use the old bus in P3Dv4 till the new one arrives. Btw. I am flying the other one... so it is not the case, that I can't wait for something.

But if I would have gotten a dollar, everytime Mathijs gave a wrong information or a prediction turned out to be very wrong (We plan to do the A330 in 2015...2016 for sure.... 2017.... very early 2018... you get the point), I would be a millionaire. So really nothing they deserve praise for

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)