Sign in to follow this  
woomera

Aerosoft A318/319 v. 1.31 & P3Dv4

I would imagine that one reason for the delay from Aerosoft is they now have very good competition from FSL when they first produced their Airbus people were glad to get it as it was then I believe the first, I would bet that the minute they release their new Airbus it will be compared to the FSL version even thou the FSL will most likely cost,s two or three times the price, another reason is in my opinion is the Airbus is not a high priority for Aerosoft! think most previous Airbus purchasers will expect a healthy discount and most serious Airbus fans will also look at the FSL version before purchasing, so how big is the market for Aerosoft,s New Airbus

Peter

7 hours ago, officercrockey said:

You did not really get what @Schlotterknie was trying to say. Exactly the opposite is the case. Because mostly when they "inform" you, they are pretty much telling you wrong stories. They might have a very good reason not to port the old bus over, but it is purely commercially (which is fine, but don't make up stories). For the most customers it would have been perfectly fine to use the old bus in P3Dv4 till the new one arrives. Btw. I am flying the other one... so it is not the case, that I can't wait for something.

But if I would have gotten a dollar, everytime Mathijs gave a wrong information or a prediction turned out to be very wrong (We plan to do the A330 in 2015...2016 for sure.... 2017.... very early 2018... you get the point), I would be a millionaire. So really nothing they deserve praise for

Well perhaps I need to remind you that PMDG said and even made a video saying the NG is coming this summer. 18 month later......you might not like the updates or the answers you get like PMDG showing the JS looking ready for P3D then 3 months later at the end of Jan your told its on hold. So what year is that coming out?

Show me PMDG giving out weekly updates or FSL even giving monthly updates. ATM Mathjis is giving weekly updates and you say they dont deserve any praise. Well I disagree. Like I said you might not like what your hear but you do get to hear something unlike PMDG that can throw a "soon" at you and it can be a year before you hear anything. Mathjis could do what PMDG and FSL do and not tell you anything until they feel fit and watch the months go by.

What's this "makes up stories"? He is the project manager at Aerosoft and over see properly all on going projects do you think he has the time to make stories?

If you gave a job to someone to do and left them to it, a week later you ask for a report, the guy comes to you and explains a problem and why its taking longer. If you then report that to your customer does he then turn round to you and say "your telling me stories"?

"They might have a very good reason not to port the old bus over, but it is purely commercially"

Well if commercially is not wasting countless man hours on an out dates project, when that time can be spent far more producterly on a new project then yer it's a wise commercial decision! 

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 hours ago, wizzards said:

I would bet that the minute they release their new Airbus it will be compared to the FSL version even thou the FSL will most likely cost,s two or three times the price, another reason is in my opinion is the Airbus is not a high priority for Aerosoft! think most previous Airbus purchasers will expect a healthy discount and most serious Airbus fans will also look at the FSL version before purchasing, so how big is the market for Aerosoft,s New Airbus

Peter

Yes Peter the forums will be full of it. People will be taking sides it will go on for months and months....

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

31 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well perhaps I need to remind you that PMDG said and even made a video saying the NG is coming this summer. 18 month later......you might not like the updates or the answers you get like PMDG showing the JS looking ready for P3D then 3 months later at the end of Jan your told its on hold. So what year is that coming out?

I personally don´t care about any delays. That can happen... I don´t mind.

The difference between the PMDG NG and the Aerosoft Airbus is... PMDG provided free x64 ports for the whole product line. Aerosoft didn´t.

35 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

What's this "makes up stories"? He is the project manager at Aerosoft and over see properly all on going projects do you think he has the time to make stories?

If he was not able to tell stories he´d truly be a bad manager ;-)

@Nyxx what do you think is the reason for not porting the old Airbus to x64?

48 minutes ago, Schlotterknie said:

The difference between the PMDG NG and the Aerosoft Airbus is... PMDG provided free x64 ports for the whole product line. Aerosoft didn´t.

I guess what part of "they are porting to 64bit but also decided to really enhance the aircraft and rebuild the systems from the ground up, add other 64bit enhancements like TrueGlass etc" didn't you get.  All PMDG did was make the gauges 64 bit.  As stated many times above AS, as a good dev should do, decided to make their product better. 

Could they have taken the time to port just the gauges and whatever else broke moving to v4...yes.  But why spend precious developer time making a middling update when you can really make the product better.  So flightsimmers don't have an Airbus series for 6+ months or however long its been.  In the end they get a better aircraft series.  

So if AS is rebuilding the aircraft from the ground up with almost 80% new code why is an upgrade fee unjustified.   Hell feelthere, Captainsim, and many other devs charged for the simple port over.  AS is redoing almost everything.  

I guess I don't get the angst towards devs. I'm not an AS apologist but i don't think any of us know what its like until we are in their shoes.  Especially when flight simmers have an infinite combination of hardware systems, 4+ flight sims, multiple update versions in those flight sims, compatibility among other addons.  I know i wouldn't want to deal with that nightmare.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

2 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

I guess what part of "they are porting to 64bit but also decided to really enhance the aircraft and rebuild the systems from the ground up, add other 64bit enhancements like TrueGlass etc" didn't you get.

Calm down dude... I´ve now read that the 'new bus' sentence a several times. I got that point if you believe me or not. That new bus is just not what I´m talking about, so maybe it´s you who doesn´t get it.

Why AS didn´t make a plain x64 port before making a 'brand new' product? Simple question, isn´t it? I guess that port might not have been the end of all Aerosoft Airbus development but it would have given customers the possibility to fly the AS bus in an oom free x64 environment. Customer tie ist the magic word here. I´m one of those customers who´s gone elsewhere - no matter what that new AS bus will be like.

1 hour ago, Schlotterknie said:

Well PMDG as you say did not charge for x64 that is true, but they did charge full price for there P3D version, when just about every other vendor just charged a small amount or none. 

Am not stick up for Aerosoft on other things like I still think calling there v4 "The professional" version is an OMG and the thought of there new Bus being called the "Professional" version is well draw your own conclusions. :biggrin:

"If he was not able to tell stories he´d truly be a bad manager ;-)" :laugh: True :biggrin:

"@Nyxx what do you think is the reason for not porting the old Airbus to x64?" I thought I had answered that one, in a nutshell..., a complete waste of time ,money and resources. All that better spent on the new one.

When will it come out? well that will be only the start because it will then need hotfixes. IMO and am not having a dig at them I would say Sept/Oct for it to be running really well.

A new update just came out for the FSL 8 years from start!, so there "Professional" version will be ongoing for another year I would think! I can remember the amount of hotfixes the last bus got. I gave up counting. But it will get there but really who knows when! But they are working really hard that's for sure. So are FSL in making it even better. So it goes on....I want my A319 and I want it now! :laugh:

Edited by Nyxx

Whatever they do, I will decide at that time what to do with my money. But one thing remains, I do not buy those statements from AS (they got a bad image when it comes to communication and timelines).

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

"@Nyxx what do you think is the reason for not porting the old Airbus to x64?" I thought I had answered that one, in a nutshell..., a complete was of time ,money and resources. All that better spent on the new one.

That exactly is the mistake. A port to x64 would have kept their customers at their product and that could have been done with very little effort and if some manager tells you that they would had to rewrite the whole code just for a naked x86=>x64 port he does that mentioned 'storyteller' part of his job pretty good ;-)

Ok will will agree to disagree on the "mistake" :biggrin:

22 minutes ago, Schlotterknie said:

That exactly is the mistake. A port to x64 would have kept their customers at their product and that could have been done with very little effort and if some manager tells you that they would had to rewrite the whole code just for a naked x86=>x64 port he does that mentioned 'storyteller' part of his job pretty good ;-)

Yeah but say AS did the simple port then when the FSlabs Airbus offering came out people would have said "This is wayyy better than AS airbus because AS needs to update their series, their systems suck, blah blah".  so they lose either way.   

But in the end they provide different experiences.  

If you want a somewhat study level sim then go with the FSlabs A320.  

If you want a full set of Airbuses that are great for the FS world but not super technical then AS is the better product.  

AS is far more open about their products than probably any other dev.  We don't hear about PMDG until it releases, same with level D, same with Captainsim, same with FlyTampa, same with QW.  

Seems like you made your decision a while ago so why rehash it.  

• Like 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Show me PMDG giving out weekly updates or FSL even giving monthly updates. ATM Mathjis is giving weekly updates and you say they dont deserve any praise. Well I disagree. Like I said you might not like what your hear but you do get to hear something unlike PMDG that can throw a "soon" at you and it can be a year before you hear anything. Mathjis could do what PMDG and FSL do and not tell you anything until they feel fit and watch the months go by.

If you gave a job to someone to do and left them to it, a week later you ask for a report, the guy comes to you and explains a problem and why its taking longer. If you then report that to your customer does he then turn round to you and say "your telling me stories"?

"They might have a very good reason not to port the old bus over, but it is purely commercially"

Well if commercially is not wasting countless man hours on an out dates project, when that time can be spent far more producterly on a new project then yer it's a wise commercial decision! 

I agree with you on PMDG and FSL. Generally I think, most FS Companies are not very good at that. And the airbus thread is only one of many in the Preview Forum. You will find a ton of threads there where you will not get any information... a lot of them are like this:

user: any news on this?
matthijs: i will ask
... 4 weeks later ...
user: matthijs could you find out something?
matthijs: no but I will find out
... 2 months later ...
user: matthijs??

or look at the innsbruck and salzburg thread... where is the information there... there might a few poor sould still waiting on that ones and not buying the perfect versions of other developers... who knows why aerosoft don't wants to let that go... or the Tahiti.... as I said, there are countless of those threads... not to talk of the CRJ...

so yes.. in case of the airbus, they try to keep you in the loop because the want the people to wait for it... with a lot of silence, not many would wait I suppose... but 99% of the time there are some screenshots... and the model hasn't changed at all... and in the VC I cannot see a lot of difference.. but that might just be me... 

• Like 1

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Am I the only one that wishes they had focused on the A330 first rather than focusing on an aircraft that already has a great payware offering?

I get that they and FSL are different markets to an extent, but there’s certainly a lot of overlap (ie me).

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

No, you are not the only one, that would have been better. Now I will wait to see what are the plans of FSLabs for their next Airbus. If it is A330, I will skip the AS one.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

10 hours ago, Vali said:

Whatever they do, I will decide at that time what to do with my money. But one thing remains, I do not buy those statements from AS (they got a bad image when it comes to communication and timelines).

Valentin,

I believe the rest of the folks on this topic have provided you a pretty clear explanation as to why Aerosoft decided to re-develop an entire new- and capable- A318 (A320 family). It's not out yet, or as quickly as you want it?       Hmmm, well... good things take time, and considering that this is a brand new product, yes, it will take time to complete. 

I believe your questions have been answered, Should you feel that you have more questions or concerns, or would like to learn more about this new product, I invite you to their forum. I'm sure if you respectfully ask questions, you will respectfully be answered,

Edited by joemiller