Sign in to follow this  
Archive1

Cold start checklist Cheyenne III

Hope this is the proper place for this query: 

Have just purchased a Carenado Cheyenne III which has dark and cold start capability. However the documentation supplied with the plane seems devoid of any checklist for doing a cold start.

Perhaps there's a good YouTube video with that information.

Any help from someone out there?

Archive1

Hello, and welcome to Avsim. I moved the topic to Carenado forums. 

Also, i found one video, it could be helpful:

• Like 1

lodestar:

I did watch this on the Carenado website as I was evaluating which aircraft to purchase. But it does not give any information regarding: 1. Panel orientation re: location and identification of switches; 2. anything about a cold start checklist. I think the aircraft is well done, but the support replies from Carenado regarding documentation has been lousy. The included documentation covers the GPS unit, basic Cheyenne stats, but nothing regarding panel layout and switch identification - certainly no checklists for anything: Although they consider my request for information 'solved'.. I must compare this with the documentation and support from A2A and their Comanche that I fly - they provide all encompassing responses and personal support. All in all, I am quite disappointed with (not the aircraft but) the responses.from the Carenado company. (No, I have no relationship with A2A - the Comanche is the only aircraft from them I have.)

So, anyone have a YouTube, or website, that actually focuses on the panel orientation and cold start checklist?

Thanks lodestar.   -=Archive1=-

I'm not aware of it. I would recommend you to use google, and also try "search" function in our forums. I did this, and for example, i found original checklist for sale https://www.esscoaircraft.com/p-15557-piper-pa-42-cheyenne-iii-pilots-checklist.aspx

and another topic on this 

Also, there is a great Cheyenne made by Digital Aviation, they modeled Cheyenne II, I, IA and IIXL. Not available for P3Dv4 but it comes with great systems, FDE and documentation. You can search youtube videos with tutorials and flights with DA Cheyenne.