Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbolt44

msstdfmt.dll

I am using Windows 10, 64 bit and this problem occurred in my FSX SE drive.  This morning I clicked to open Radar Contact, and then clicked to input my flight plan.  Instead of the usual flight plan list, I got a window saying the  msstdfmt.dll file was missing and needed to be installed before I could proceed.  Radar Contact just disappeared.  It appears this is a Microsoft file.  When I Googled it, there appeared to be a lot of different files and not knowing which one to use I was reluctant to try any.  I did delete and reinstall Radar Contact with no luck.  As always, any advice is appreciated.  Mike Nicholson

Mike, there are numerous threads on this type of problem in the RC forum. The file should exist in the System32 folder. It needs reregistering.

There are instructions on how to unregister it and then reregistering it. I have no idea why the problem has occurred. Windows 10 update probably.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,  Thank you for your prompt reply.  Last night, I started this thread using Foxfire which was not working properly and I had searched the Forum finding nothing so I submitted my question.  This morning I tried MS Edge and it is working perfect including the thread.  I'll get on with your directions and advise of my progress.  Mike Nicholson

Mike,

This thread should give you all the help in registering the DLL.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/518628-i-give-up-error-713/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

OK Ray, I have the thread bookmarked and I have looked thru it.  I can certainly understand why the fellow said that his grand kids weren't visiting for a month.  I am certainly in the same boat.  Do I start at the top of the thread, or is there a further down post I should start with?  Mike Nicholson  PS: Since I apparently do not have the file in question, will the referenced thread produce it?

Mike. Firstly are you positive the file is not on your pc? That would be odd.

Read my post of 5 Sept onwards. That covers what you need to do.

If you’re sure you don’t have the file, install RC4 again and it should place it in system32. You may have to move it to SysWow64 for Win 10.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Mike,

You can download that dll from this site. It was linked by Microsoft support staff so is safe.

https://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/M/MSSTDFMT.DLL/6.00.84506/download.html

Put it in Windows\System32 and register it using the instructions in the other post.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

Yesterday  I got to thinking about this after reading your above post.  I remembered when I first installed Steam I had installed a FUSIPC4 compatible with FSX SE into a Modules folder in FSX SE.  (Of course Steam was smart.  Their core folder leads to FSX.  They don't call it FSX SE. Then, when I installed RC, it took forever and finally got me to the activation page which I activated.  However, it would not open.  In checking the log, it said it had hunted all over for FSUIPC4 but it was an old version and it had ended up connecting with the FSUIPC5 in my P3D drive.  I went ahead and deleted RC and the old FSUIPC4 and installed the latest version for FSX into the FSX Modules folder in Steam.  Installed RC again and I now have a working copy of RC.  Just flew IFR from KBGR to KACY with RC.  A flawless flight.  I wish Lockheed could buy RC from JD, polish it up, and replace their terrible ATC program.  Again, as always, I appreciate your help.  It is good again to be able to use FSX SE which takes just about any addon, and mark time with P3D for awhile until some of these addons catch up with them.  Mike Nicholson

Good to hear you're sorted Mike even if you had to go around the houses a bit. I haven't even bothered with P3D's ATC as it's probably a clone of the one in FSX.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather