Sign in to follow this  
Alexis Buffet

EICAS Message : IRS ALIGN MODE C

Hello, ( Sorry in advance for my bad english ) 

Since the departure, I have a message on Eicas which displays, " IRS ALIGN mode C ":

1521701417-pmdg-b747.jpg

It is the first time when I receive this message, he does not prevent me from following my flight, but it is annoying.

I looked in the QRH I found nothing. Where from comes this problem? How to fix this problem ??

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Alexis_67

For some reason IRS C did not align or lost alignment.In what position the IRC C switch is? If you have the service based failures enabled check to see if you have any failure active. Nothing you can do now.  You are also unable to do an autoland, I believe you are going to receive a  no Auto land message.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Hello Olympic260 : 

- The three IRC buttons are on NAV : 

1521708075-2018-3-22-9-37-31-455.jpeg

The failure based on the service are activated well. Thus that has to be it who caused the failure of IRC. :/ 

but nothing is active in failure. :

1521708928-2018-3-22-9-54-32-843.jpeg

During the takeoff, I received a message "No Auto Land" 

I thought there was a procedure to solve this problem in flight.

Edited by Alexis Buffet

Did you definitely have APU generators connected before you disconnected ground power?

Hello VHOJT : 

Yes, I connected the APU before disconnecting the ground power. I did my usual procedure.

Edited by Alexis Buffet

I had this issue once: APU connected and ground power released, then start the engines, one by one.

But before my last engine was coupled (not sure how to explain this, but anyway i still had an engine bleed warning light on) i switched the APU off to early, that was my mistake.

Don't know how was your procedure?

Had it a couple of time as well. In my case it was always pilot error. Mostly removing the GPU without having the APU online or the wrong bus. There are 2 APU busses and you need to have the correct one online. Solution would be to stop the aircraft and re-align the IRS. That needs to be done while on the ground.

b rdgs Dick Knight.

8 hours ago, Alexis Buffet said:

I looked in the QRH I found nothing. Where from comes this problem? How to fix this problem ??

Do you have the latest version of the airplane? I ask because I remember seeing many users report this very issue right after the initial release. I even experienced it once myself. I haven't seen any mention of this since the airplane was updated. So, to check whether you have the latest update, just start the Operations Center. If it tells you there's an update, your version may be old enough to require you to go into your PMDG account and re-download the full installer.

Walter Meier

11 hours ago, Alexis Buffet said:

Since the departure, I have a message on Eicas which displays, " IRS ALIGN mode C ":

This EICAS Memo message is displayed usually only on the ground during normal IRU alignment when the IRS mode selector is moved from OFF to NAV.  To fix the problem you could try re-loading the scenario again from scratch, making sure all three IRS selectors are set to NAV and that you have inserted the present position correctly. If the message is still displayed and assuming your aircraft electrics are online (GND, APU or Engine generators), then set the parking brake and turn the IRS selectors OFF and then back to NAV.  Then insert the present position again and wait until the IRS ALIGN message goes out (this could take up to 10 minutes).  If you move the aircraft during the alignment process you will get an IRS MOTION advisory message.

As Chris Makris has said, Cat 3B autoland is not available with one IRS inoperative

Bertie Goddard.

To add to Bertie's recommendation, reload the scenario and reset the panel state file as eluded to by Kyle.  After the scenario loads, use the PMDG Options menu to load the DEFAULT panel state and re-create the desired configuration that you want to start the session.  Be sure to save the scenario if you intend to use it again.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

5 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Perhaps a panel state issue, actually.

Yes.

I had this on every flight until I saved my own panel states.

(resolvable by realigning of course, but annoying to do so ^^)

Edited by Ephedrin

56 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

I had this on every flight until I saved my own panel states.

You should have said that the first time!  Glad it is now sorted.

Bertie

3 minutes ago, berts said:

You should have said that the first time!  Glad it is now sorted.

Bertie

That‘s the first time I have seen this thread o.O

I think I had a situation once where I started 2 engine simultaneously on opposite sides of the aircraft.  Let's say 1 and 4.  If I remember correctly if both buses switch from APU to engine generators at about the same time this momentary period without power from any source was enough to loose the center IRS......  then again... I may have dreamed it up in my head.   I'd give it a try if I was at home