Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Am I being Airbus Silly ?

In Portuguese, the word for silliness is "tolice" which reads just as "Toliss" :-)

After having embarked ( and proud of having done so ! ) in that superb FF A320, I couldn't resist the Toliss A319, but as the name suggested... was I making a "tolice" ?

Is jcomm tolo ?  Yes he is ...n't  ( bad English I know ... )

Well, having made just a short circuit around LPPT I can say that I would be missing a Superb A319 if I thought it was a "tolice" to by the Toliss ... What a great evolution from my great QPAC A320 !

Is it better or worst than the FF A320 ?  Not at all !  It's different and each on it's own have remarkable features that I didn't find in any other Airbus modelled for any of the platforms I used for years, starting with that important "feel of flight", and I had them all since fs9....

If you're an Airbus vpilot, you can't go wrong with either...

Edited by jcomm
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

That makes two of us. Glad to have both and waiting for more... 321 hint hint lol.

Peters models found the way to the Mojave desert eventually. 

I've always been a little shy of Airbus and its concepts of computerized flight then I read "Fly by wire" - a report on 'Scully and Skiles' landing on/in the Hudson.  Interesting background, especially about the whole Airbus concept - it and Captain Sullenberger saved that day.  The author is William Langewiesche, son of the gent who wrote 'Stick and Rudder', my bible learning to fly. 

Edited by olderndirt

@oldendirt: Thx for the note - will try to find that one.

Meanwhile, Airbus way of doing it is my preferred, but I am not a professional of course...  Anyway, all of my jumpseat rides, in Airbus ( 19,20,21 ) Boeing ( 733/8, 763 ) Embraer 195, tell me the most "clean" approach is indeed the one by Airbus.

I've heard that in Airbus, when the going gets tough the tough gets going..." but all Airbus pilots I know and often talk to tell me exactly the opposite - Garbage Jozeh... It's the most perfect way of flying an airliner.. and you handle it just as any other aircraft... 

Meanwhile, in X-Plane's Wonderland, these two Airbuses have brought me back to "captian dream" state :-)

I've been flying short hops ( between Portugal and Spain ) in both the Toliss and the FF, and it's just Wonderful to be able to use both. I honestly recommend it to any Airbus fans, specially if coming from MSFS / ESP / P3D ...

Then, as much as I can criticize many aspects of X-Plane's development cycle, I have to agree that even with it's default settings the immersion of landing an airliner even at default LPPT or LEMD is just a Wow! experience compared to default in ESP.... and the feel of inertia, the whole feel of weather, make the XP experience a lot closer to my real experience as a passenger and jumpseater...

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...