- DMC
    - Fix for chrono logic

- ND
    - TOWpt distance update logic improved
    - Wind direction symbol logic fix
    - Estimated Vertical Intercept along FPLN path drawn

- AOCService
    - Fix for ::1 loopback address

Still downloading, so no test report as yet.

Kind regards

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Thank you for the heads up :biggrin:

29 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

Will try it out after work :D

You are welcome Guys.

Just completed installation but its late here, so please post your findings.

Regards

FSLConfigurator
    - Several logic fixes
    - Affinity mask logic rules improvements

Does this mean we will not have to re-launch P3D every-time and that the configurator will automatically assess the affinity mask based on our preference once and for all ?

That "feature" really bugs me actually.

3 minutes ago, Bushido5 said:

FSLConfigurator
    - Several logic fixes
    - Affinity mask logic rules improvements

Does this mean we will not have to re-launch P3D every-time and that the configurator will automatically assess the affinity mask based on our preference once and for all ?

That "feature" really bugs me actually.

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/16795-resolved-a320-overwriting-p3dcfg/

No fix on the brakes

No fix on dynamic lighting

200.gif

Edited by tooting
  • Like 1

Interested about the mention of lights illuminating clouds using AS16, has anybody tried this out? Would really add to the immersion of night flying.

1 hour ago, VS0 said:

Interested about the mention of lights illuminating clouds using AS16, has anybody tried this out? Would really add to the immersion of night flying.

All it does is blast white light into the cockpit. It looks terrible and burns your retinas. I feel like I’ve been intercepted by a UFO and I’m getting abducted.

27 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

All it does is blast white light into the cockpit. It looks terrible and burns your retinas. I feel like I’ve been intercepted by a UFO and I’m getting abducted.

Its not that bad - a bit bright, but at least it gives a more immersive sense of motion. I love the feature.

Great update, fixed a bug I had with go arounds and added the intercept symbol on the ND that was missing until now.

Also much better performance  on ground and takeoff.

I can't be happier at the moment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VS0 said:

Interested about the mention of lights illuminating clouds using AS16, has anybody tried this out?

Yes, this works for other aircraft also, not just FSLabs ... I recall making a few videos of this in action but I don't think anyone picked up on it.  Unfortunately due to video compression during recording at night with clouds (they tend to change to a pinkish color with obvious color gradients/banding) it's difficult to get the same quality as "the actual experience" so showing off the effect isn't very representative.

This update is an other big improvement for the FSL A320 as performance continues to improve allowing me to increase graphics settings to hit my 30 FPS/30Hz lock for less long frames (stutters).

Cheers, Rob.

Still, with landing lights and runway lights, all ON, except wing lights fps go down to 24.. from locked 30fps,  where other addons remain at 30fps (CRJ, NGX).

23 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Yes, this works for other aircraft also, not just FSLabs ...

Hi Rob,

I believe the feature in question is unique to the FSL A320-X; we replace the ASP4 effects with our own at night and simulate the landing lights illuminating the clouds. It gives a real sense of speed when flying through clouds at night. You need to have 'Cloud Motion Effects' in ASP4 activated for this feature to work.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, MachTwo said:

I believe the feature in question is unique to the FSL A320-X

Odd, I seem to have the effect working in other aircraft not just FSL.  Yes AS4 Cloud Motion Effect enabled and with the latest build of AS4 we can now control the offset for Cloud Motion Effect.

Cheers, Rob.

Guys have a problem with the installer it crashes have the follow error Access violation at address xxxxxxx. Write of address xxxxxxx.

Any ideas here made already a ticket but tried several steps I'm out of ideas here local?

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Odd, I seem to have the effect working in other aircraft not just FSL.  Yes AS4 Cloud Motion Effect enabled and with the latest build of AS4 we can now control the offset for Cloud Motion Effect.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob - I believe that ASP4 does in fact have this effect as I have also seen it before flying other aircraft but the cloud lighting is very dim compared to the A320.  I like the effect with the FSL320 and I have to guess it all comes down to user settings with HDR, etc on how bright it is.  

10 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

but the cloud lighting is very dim compared to the A320

Ah yes, could very well be the difference ... what I noticed is that the lighting effect and cloud motion effect will actually appear very shortly in external view (outside the VC) and then stop.  I found this interesting because I thought the Cloud Motion Effect and lighting up the clouds was strictly limited to VC ... but almost looks like P3D V4.2 does render it in external view for a very short period of time 1-2 seconds then the effect stops rendering.  I don't know if this is by design, or a bug in Cloud Motion Effect or just a render bug in P3D V4.2 ... it would fantastic if the effect did render in external view also.

Cheers, Rob.

With this new update, has anyone had problems with sound? With the aircraft following navigation paths?

I'm not hearing things correctly; very muted and missing sounds. I've not changed anything beyond reinstalling the new version.

The following path thing could just be me doing something wrong.

Just asking.

1 hour ago, RichieFly said:

With this new update, has anyone had problems with sound? With the aircraft following navigation paths?

I'm not hearing things correctly; very muted and missing sounds. I've not changed anything beyond reinstalling the new version.

The following path thing could just be me doing something wrong.

Just asking.

Yep, issues with sound. It starts with choosing Piper Cub, and what's even worse, performance drops 80%. Frames/sec are over 100 in default fighter jet, choosing piper drops to 20 or lower, and no sound. Then i figured somehow to change sound playback sources, from my logitec speakers to Asus Rog monitor speakers. Frames bounce back to 100s and sound starts to play. Afterwards no issues when loading A320. This has never happened with prior version of the Bus. Hope this makes some sene :P

I do have problems with sound but nothing like RichieFly, I am having ...cracks?

Also am I the only one who is having worse performance with the last two updates?

My performance has only improved over the last two updates....maybe I shouldn't upgrade my system (i5-2500K)!

Installed it, and then uninstalled it once again. Frame hog for me anyways compared to the PMDG 747 and Maddog X on my pretty stellar box. It's really unfortunate considering the price tag and the fact I couldn't use if for a year until P3D v4 came out. Live and learn...