Sign in to follow this  
Tokitaumelie

FSL A320-X for P3Dv4.2 Update now available - v2.0.1.237

20 minutes ago, MachTwo said:

I believe the feature in question is unique to the FSL A320-X

Odd, I seem to have the effect working in other aircraft not just FSL.  Yes AS4 Cloud Motion Effect enabled and with the latest build of AS4 we can now control the offset for Cloud Motion Effect.

Cheers, Rob.

Guys have a problem with the installer it crashes have the follow error Access violation at address xxxxxxx. Write of address xxxxxxx.

Any ideas here made already a ticket but tried several steps I'm out of ideas here local?

André

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Odd, I seem to have the effect working in other aircraft not just FSL.  Yes AS4 Cloud Motion Effect enabled and with the latest build of AS4 we can now control the offset for Cloud Motion Effect.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob - I believe that ASP4 does in fact have this effect as I have also seen it before flying other aircraft but the cloud lighting is very dim compared to the A320.  I like the effect with the FSL320 and I have to guess it all comes down to user settings with HDR, etc on how bright it is.  

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

10 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

but the cloud lighting is very dim compared to the A320

Ah yes, could very well be the difference ... what I noticed is that the lighting effect and cloud motion effect will actually appear very shortly in external view (outside the VC) and then stop.  I found this interesting because I thought the Cloud Motion Effect and lighting up the clouds was strictly limited to VC ... but almost looks like P3D V4.2 does render it in external view for a very short period of time 1-2 seconds then the effect stops rendering.  I don't know if this is by design, or a bug in Cloud Motion Effect or just a render bug in P3D V4.2 ... it would fantastic if the effect did render in external view also.

Cheers, Rob.

With this new update, has anyone had problems with sound? With the aircraft following navigation paths?

I'm not hearing things correctly; very muted and missing sounds. I've not changed anything beyond reinstalling the new version.

The following path thing could just be me doing something wrong.

Just asking.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 hour ago, RichieFly said:

With this new update, has anyone had problems with sound? With the aircraft following navigation paths?

I'm not hearing things correctly; very muted and missing sounds. I've not changed anything beyond reinstalling the new version.

The following path thing could just be me doing something wrong.

Just asking.

Yep, issues with sound. It starts with choosing Piper Cub, and what's even worse, performance drops 80%. Frames/sec are over 100 in default fighter jet, choosing piper drops to 20 or lower, and no sound. Then i figured somehow to change sound playback sources, from my logitec speakers to Asus Rog monitor speakers. Frames bounce back to 100s and sound starts to play. Afterwards no issues when loading A320. This has never happened with prior version of the Bus. Hope this makes some sene :P

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I do have problems with sound but nothing like RichieFly, I am having ...cracks?

Also am I the only one who is having worse performance with the last two updates?

Ahmet Can

My performance has only improved over the last two updates....maybe I shouldn't upgrade my system (i5-2500K)!

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Installed it, and then uninstalled it once again. Frame hog for me anyways compared to the PMDG 747 and Maddog X on my pretty stellar box. It's really unfortunate considering the price tag and the fact I couldn't use if for a year until P3D v4 came out. Live and learn...

Mike Normandeau

Montreal, Canada

I was hoping to buy this bird but I'm going to wait until the FPS reports get better. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Has anyone had issues getting this version to even let P3D start? Every time I try to load P3D, it will CTD before the scenario screen even loads, with no message in the event viewer.  No other addons were started at the same time.  So far FSLabs has been no help.

• Like 1

Alan

1 hour ago, exeodus said:

Has anyone had issues getting this version to even let P3D start? Every time I try to load P3D, it will CTD before the scenario screen even loads, with no message in the event viewer.  No other addons were started at the same time.  So far FSLabs has been no help.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I've posted in both the threads on their forum about this issue. Theres a few people with it. I've reverted to the previous version for the time being. I tried all sorts to solve the problem and nothing!.

I have wildly fluctuating fps with this update. Performance is actually worse than with the previous version on my system. Too bad as the previous version was really ok. 

• Like 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Thanks for all the info guys, I’m perfectly happy with my current install so I think I’ll Hold off on this one for now.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

For me it's the best version.

The number dont matter think of them as % to each other. My sim is set up for FSL and it runs like a dream. Given my spec I see no reason why other cannot enjoy it.

My FPS test

Default aircraft 130

NG/777..............73

MadDog.............60

FSL...............52-55 >>>> the last version was 38-50-52 up and down now it just sits at 52-55.

I run at 24FPS locked so it never no matter where I go drops below the 24. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip