Sign in to follow this  
Tokitaumelie

FSL A320-X for P3Dv4.2 Update now available - v2.0.1.237

6 hours ago, carlito777 said:

I have wildly fluctuating fps with this update. Performance is actually worse than with the previous version on my system. Too bad as the previous version was really ok. 

Really appreciate this report. I’ll be holding off to upgrade as well (and also holding off on moving to 4.2 for now as well).

James

I went back to .231 build, working well for me.  .237 worked well when it worked, but frequent CTD's so uninstalled and went back to .231 ... I'm waiting for FSLabs to try to resolve (opened a support ticket), hopefully they'll be able to get a handle on the issue ... I tried all the other methods to work around issue, but sadly nothing resolved it: 

Lower water setting back down to Medium or High (avoid using Ultra), still CTD
Disabled all other entries in my DLL.XML and EXE.XML, still CTD
Disabled all Add-On entries except FSL Spotlights and A320, still CTD

I'm going to try a clean install on my Test PC (clean setup) and see where that might take me.

Cheers, Rob.

10 hours ago, tooting said:

I had 3 short (1:30h) hops with .237 and did not face any CTD.

The only thing that I had was missing some of the sounds e.g CP "Rotate" sound or the "tripple chirp" also at startup. I restarted the sim and also the PC 1 time but still it did not play. Then I went to check the settings in the MCDU and all 4 categories under SOUND were correctly mapped to default sound system. I manually selected for all 4 categories my speakers and afterwards all sounds were there.

Never had to do this with any other versions...but still no major issues with it.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Wow, i didn't have any CTD with the last update.

The performance is absolute delicious (forget about DL).

I have some reported problems with sounds, but i can live with this errors.

Edited by Ekim

Miguel Leandro

10 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

I had 3 short (1:30h) hops with .237 and did not face any CTD.

The only thing that I had was missing some of the sounds e.g CP "Rotate" sound or the "tripple chirp" also at startup. I restarted the sim and also the PC 1 time but still it did not play. Then I went to check the settings in the MCDU and all 4 categories under SOUND were correctly mapped to default sound system. I manually selected for all 4 categories my speakers and afterwards all sounds were there.

Never had to do this with any other versions...but still no major issues with it.

There is no "Rotate" sound, just "V one" sound, works well for me...

Regards,

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

One perfect flight UUEE-LHBP, everything worked better than ever, then LHBP-LGAV mid flight CTD, time compression was on x2 whereas I had none on the previous flight. Still testing.

I was getting fluctuating FPS and stutters until I turned off hyperthreading on my i7 6700k. Now it runs great, dynamic lighting performance is decent for me on my 4k setup now as well as long as I just turn on the taxi light and landing light. Apparently they fixed the CPU threading issue with the last update that should allow for hyperthreading but might want to give it a shot without if you are having problems just to see how it does.

Ben 

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

19 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

There is no "Rotate" sound, just "V one" sound, works well for me...

Regards,

Yup...I meant "V one".

But as I said, works for me now also.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

I was able to resolve the .237 CTD issue by disabling a few nVidia audio drivers I don't need.  Big thank you to Joe W. over on FSLabs for sending me in the right direction to finding a solution ... made a quick video here of how I solved the issue and what I disabled:

Cheers, Rob.

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I was able to resolve the .237 CTD issue by disabling a few nVidia audio drivers I don't need.  Big thank you to Joe W. over on FSLabs for sending me in the right direction to finding a solution ... made a quick video here of how I solved the issue and what I disabled:

Cheers, Rob.

Really happy you got it sorted Rob.

If you want to and not already, give your ears a real delight, open both VC windows and start the engines, you will know why then. :biggrin: closing them before start is in every SOP. But be warned it's a bit addictive and closing them after is a smiley face time as closing the window cuts the sounds out but not like an on and off thing, the closer to closed the lower the sound from that window are and when you close fully both you really do feel you have sealed the cockpit. Give it a go your ears want it :cool:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On 3/29/2018 at 4:48 PM, Nyxx said:

Really happy you got it sorted Rob.

If you want to and not already, give your ears a real delight, open both VC windows and start the engines, you will know why then. :biggrin: closing them before start is in every SOP. But be warned it's a bit addictive and closing them after is a smiley face time as closing the window cuts the sounds out but not like an on and off thing, the closer to closed the lower the sound from that window are and when you close fully both you really do feel you have sealed the cockpit. Give it a go your ears want it :cool:

Hi David.

I wish you hadn't mentioned that - the sound effects are fantastic, but since then I've had to fly with both cockpit windows open....I haven't found how to close them....:blush:

Regards

Bill

2 hours ago, BillCusick said:

Hi David.

I wish you hadn't mentioned that - the sound effects are fantastic, but since then I've had to fly with both cockpit windows open....I haven't found how to close them....:blush:

Regards

Bill

From a post on the FsLabs forum :

"There is a tiny little release catch at the front of the window frame, at the bottom. Very easy to miss. Click that and the window is free to drag forward."

Look around 35' :

Regards,

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

20 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

From a post on the FsLabs forum :

"There is a tiny little release catch at the front of the window frame, at the bottom. Very easy to miss. Click that and the window is free to drag forward."

Look around 35' :

Regards,

Thanks Richard !

..it gets a little noisy (& cold) at 200 kts with the windows open...:ohmy:....

Regards

Bill