Sign in to follow this  
sgfintl

FSPXAI 777 - Logo Lights--This is driving me crazy!

I can usually figure out the tweaks necessary to make my sim work well, but getting logo lights to stay ALWAYS ON for the FSPXAI 777 models is driving me crazy. I've read and read the instructions a hundred times and have tried to follow them to the letter. But no matter what I try, I can't get the logo lights to stay on at night (while aircraft sitting at gate). 

Any guidance would be AWESOME!

Thanks,

SGFIntl

2 hours ago, sgfintl said:

I can usually figure out the tweaks necessary to make my sim work well, but getting logo lights to stay ALWAYS ON for the FSPXAI 777 models is driving me crazy. I've read and read the instructions a hundred times and have tried to follow them to the letter. But no matter what I try, I can't get the logo lights to stay on at night (while aircraft sitting at gate). 

Any guidance would be AWESOME!

Thanks,

SGFIntl

Are you not aware that FSPXAI AI models implements it's own lighting effects objects embedded inside the compiled model source code? these models don't follow the SDK requirements for P3D or FSX regarding the implementation of lighting effects.

So this might be the reason why you are unable to achieve what you are looking for.

Best Regards,
Simbol

Yeah, I can hardly stand the fspxai lights on the 777. A pain in the word not allowed, but you could blend in some TFS 777's of the same airline.

• Like 1

I really would like to use the FSPXAI model because it's superior, in my opinion, to the TFS model. The instructions came with the paid model. Having the logo light always on should be possible. 

If you don't want to make your repaint as sleep(cold and dark) state at night - in other words, you want to keep cabin windows and logo light illumination truning on through the night, you can generate this(Always ON) state by duplicate "FSPXAI_(Model name)_L.dds" and rename the duplicated file to  "FSPXAI_NoLight_(Model name).dds " in your repaint folder. 

In order to generate Always ON state by duplicate of "FSPXAI_(Model name)_L.dds", original "FSPXAI_(Model name)_L.dds" MUST have logo light illumination.

Though a bit complicated, I believe that I have followed these instructions perfectly. Again, if anyone else has been able to make the logo lights stay on at the gates for the FSPXAI 777, I'd love to know how!

1 hour ago, sgfintl said:

Though a bit complicated, I believe that I have followed these instructions perfectly. Again, if anyone else has been able to make the logo lights stay on at the gates for the FSPXAI 777, I'd love to know how!

It says to copy one of your texture files such as FSPXAI_B772GE_L and then rename it to FSPXAI_NoLight_B77200. The same method works on the 200LR/F, 300 and 300ER as well.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Dale_YVR,

Thanks. Yes, I tried that approach and still can't figure out how to get those darn lights to stay on at night.

Simbol, I have reached out to the author. Hope to hear back from him.

If anyone else has been able to get the logo lights (Always On) to work on the FSPXAI 777 series, I'm all ears!

The solution is written above though, it doesn't get much easier.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

On 23/03/2018 at 2:17 AM, sgfintl said:

Dale_YVR,

Thanks. Yes, I tried that approach and still can't figure out how to get those darn lights to stay on at night.

Simbol, I have reached out to the author. Hope to hear back from him.

If anyone else has been able to get the logo lights (Always On) to work on the FSPXAI 777 series, I'm all ears!

Hi

Just to say that I have been able to get the logo lights (Always On) to work on the FSPXAI 777 series by copying the file FSPXAI_B772GE_L2.dds which has the logo light in and renaming it FSPXAI_NoLight_B77200.dds.

It's working.

On 3/24/2018 at 5:00 AM, DPetitme said:

Hi

Just to say that I have been able to get the logo lights (Always On) to work on the FSPXAI 777 series by copying the file FSPXAI_B772GE_L2.dds which has the logo light in and renaming it FSPXAI_NoLight_B77200.dds.

It's working.

DPetitme, YOU'RE A LIFESAVER! Thank you for your excellent commentary. The FSPXAI author's 777 NoLight instructions are incorrect. You correctly noted that it's the L2 file that gets renamed. I did that and now I have 777 logo and cabin lights at the gate. Now, I've tried this same fix for the FSP A380 and it doesn't work. If you or anyone else has any ideas on that, I'm all ears.

Thanks again. This is a great forum!

Steve