Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Button to turn on Dome light

I read a post awhile back where someone programmed a button to turn on the dome light in the NGX. Anyone had any success with doing that, and is so, how? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I read a post awhile back where someone programmed a button to turn on the dome light in the NGX. Anyone had any success with doing that, and is so, how? 

The dome light has a key command binding in the PMDG Options menu.  I assigned a key command and have been using it in NGX/747/777 no problem.  If you have a button on a controller you want to use then you can use FSUIPC to translate the button into a key command that matches the assignment in the PMDG Options.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

The dome light has a key command binding in the PMDG Options menu.  I assigned a key command and have been using it in NGX/747/777 no problem.  If you have a button on a controller you want to use then you can use FSUIPC to translate the button into a key command that matches the assignment in the PMDG Options.

The only place i didn't look.... Thanks....

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

What about the supplied SDK .It has every button and switch with their corresponding Event_ID numbers. As you have FSUIPC, its so easy to use. The number for the Dome light switch is

69890 and the parameters are 1 -2 for ON and 2-1 for OFF

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

11 hours ago, Freo said:

What about the supplied SDK .It has every button and switch with their corresponding Event_ID numbers. As you have FSUIPC, its so easy to use. The number for the Dome light switch is

69890 and the parameters are 1 -2 for ON and 2-1 for OFF

Is that easier than using the PMDG Options menu?  Seems like poking values into a running program is a little more Rube Goldberg of an approach when a simple solution exists.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,

Had to look up who Rube Goldberg was, so I suppose that there is another solution to the question. As I have over 60 switches,rotaries and push buttons for my 737NGX, and as the options menu doesn't cover 90% of them, I just naturally use the SDK for all of them. Each to their own I suppose.

Cheers,

Neil

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

15 hours ago, Freo said:

and as the options menu doesn't cover 90% of them, I just naturally use the SDK for all of them

Ok, let me say that as an engineer I agree that this is a good strategy.  I do a similar thing with add on scenery, regardless of how the addon installer plugs addons into P3D I will always modify that to match the other 100+ addons I have.

Dan Downs KCRP