Sign in to follow this  
rovari

P3D V3.2 Crash to desktop (panels.dll)

Hello to all

I need your help. 

Yesterday I had a flight without any problem. This morning I tried to fly again but my P3d doesnt run anymore. The first page is loaded and when trying to load the saved flight , it crashes.

I have seen in the events viewer that could be a panels problems (panels.dll). 

This is the message i get. Can someone help me?  I dont know what to do. How can I solve this problem?????

Nome dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: Prepar3D.exe, versione: 3.4.22.19868, timestamp: 0x588f7cbf
Nome del modulo che ha generato l'errore: panels.dll, versione: 3.4.22.19868, timestamp: 0x588f7c4b
Codice eccezione: 0xc0000005
Offset errore 0x00087a26
ID processo che ha generato l'errore: 0x184
Ora di avvio dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: 0x01d3c1d02758f53d
Percorso dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe
Percorso del modulo che ha generato l'errore: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\panels.dll
ID segnalazione: 83bcf6fd-2dc3-11e8-92ff-2c56dc3a3b2d

Many thanks

Rovari

According to page 37, AVSIM CTD Guide, this has been fixed by loading a default aircraft first.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

2 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

According to page 37, AVSIM CTD Guide, this has been fixed by loading a default aircraft first.

Dear Jim

I have the CTD with any aircraft. Also with the default ones.

Thanks

When you have saved flights and an element that was saved in that saved flight is no longer there, then you will probably see a crash.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 minute ago, Jim Young said:

When you have saved flights and an element that was saved in that saved flight is no longer there, then you will probably see a crash.

i am trying to get the saved flight and also a brand new one, selecting the airport and aircraft. Once is loaded,CTD happens.

Should I reinstall everything.....?  should I find an alternative solution in order not to have this panel.dll issue anymore?

I am lost...

What does "loading a default aircraft first" really mean?

Loading a default aircraft, until the scenario screen is showing up? And then adjust aircraft, airport, etc. on the scenario screen.

Or: Loading a flight with a default aircraft, and then change to an addon aircraft?  

And: Is the airport important? Do we have to load a flight with the complete default flight?

Kind regards

Arndt 

Arndt Laube

P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5

Brunner CLS-E Yoke & Rudder, 2x Logitech Throttle, several GoFlight modules

Intel i7 9700K, 16 GB RAM, Geforce 1080Ti, monitors 3840 x 2160 and 1360 x 768

I am not an expert at getting the panel.dll error.  When I wrote the AVSIM CTD Guide, I looked for common errors, went to Google and started searching for solutions at AVSIM and other Flight Simulator websites and forums.  This was the most common fix.  You have many saved flights put on your system by developers and many come with the product.  Over the months and years, these saved flights can grow as they are usually placed in your Documents/Prepar3D folder.  Some members have been known to move saved flights from other sims like FSX.  You might have flown a flight at some time and decided to save it.  When you load it, the ingredients (panel, aircraft, textures, scenery, etc.), are not there anymore.  That's my assumption.  Many of the addon aircraft from developers might also use some of the gauges used by default aircraft.  

You did not indicate in your OP what saved flight you tried to load (a PMDG saved flight?).  There could be something wrong with the particular aircraft that was used in the saved flight.  For instance, if it is missing a gauge or the gauge is corrupted.  If I know the saved flight, I or others can try to see if we can replicate. 

Back in the FSX days, this was fixed easily through the suggestion in the AVSIM CTD Guide but P3D doesn't start up with the default Cessna and that could be a problem.  I will remove the suggestion from the AVSIM CTD Guide since it does not work for you and I honestly have not seen it fixed in P3D either.

Submit News to AVSIM

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am on P3D v4.2 and Windows 10.

Recently I got several CTDs. They seem to be in relation with .Net Framework problems, but once a crash of panels.dll was reported too.

So far, I started the sim via SIMstarter NG. I had chosen in SIMstarter NG mostly my beloved Realair Beech Duke B60, an airport and a parking ground. As this configuration might cause problems, in future I intend to start with the default flight selected. The default flight of Prepar3D is with the F22 Raptor from Aglin AFB.

My question was: Should I start with the default flight until the scenario screen only, and then should select a different plane and airport? Or should I load the default flight fully, and then select a different plane ans airport?

Arndt

Arndt Laube

P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5

Brunner CLS-E Yoke & Rudder, 2x Logitech Throttle, several GoFlight modules

Intel i7 9700K, 16 GB RAM, Geforce 1080Ti, monitors 3840 x 2160 and 1360 x 768

You can always change the default by loading whatever and then clicking on File>Save... and then clicking on Default in the next screen.  This means, at the Startup screen you set up the flight at a gate or on the active runway at your favorite airport and then select the aircraft.  Load then click on File>Save as above.  In my observations over the years with the Save feature of FSX and now P3D, it has issues occasionally and I would recommend updating your saved default flight occasionally and maybe that will help avoid future issues.  I'm not familiar with Simstarter NG and did a search and you must have the version compatible with P3DV4.  It seems to be constantly updated to fix "bugs".  It also must be compatible to work with FSUIPC5 and FSUIPC5 is constantly being updated to fix "bugs" -

It has since been updated from v1.5.  As you can see it must also be compatible with ActiveSky 2016 and that software is constantly being updated too. 

From my research, most of the panels.dll issues are fixed when you shutdown your computer and restart and then restart P3D or FSX. 

Submit News to AVSIM