Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Software to load flight plan into default gps?

Is there any software that can be updated using navigraph that will import a flight plan into default gps/g1000?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Not entirely sure if I understand what you want but there is FSAerodata that will bring P3D up to date with navdata and that updated navdata will also be available in the default GPS. So if Navigraph has some approaches P3D doesn't have by default, FSAerodata will make those available in P3D and also for the default GPS. Again, not really sure if this answers your question but you might want to check out what FSAerodata brings to P3D.

I mean I'd like a flight planner to set up a route and import that route into the default G1000 (or gps500)

is there software that does this?  Maybe Plan G?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Little NavMap will save a flight as a PLN.  Save a flight for XP as well.  It will export in a number of other formats, too (for example, it can export a flight into GFP format or FPL for the Reality GTN and GNS products).

Greg

52 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I mean I'd like a flight planner to set up a route and import that route into the default G1000 (or gps500)

is there software that does this?  Maybe Plan G?

Ah, ok. Plan-G can do that but can't be updated by Navigraph. Afaik (I only used it once and didn't like it at all) Little NavMap, as suggested by Greg, is supported by Navigraph. I don't know though how that works out if you load a plan into the default GPS if the planner knows all kinds of (Navigraph) approaches but the GPS doesn't... Maybe you also need FSAerodata for that then.

Hm, this raises more questions than it answers... :happy:

If I understand you correctly, A route can be set up by numerous means and exported to Documents\ FS Files. I don't believe there is any way to go directly to the GPS, its a manual process and will need to tell the Flight planner in the FS to load it. I haven't used the default;t gps's for decades. :)

Edited by Adrian123

I use aivalsoft efb.  It is updateable and imports your plan on the fly into the gps.  If the arrival changes put the new arrival in the efb and it will immediately update the default gos.

Sean Green

ProATC/X does send the flight plan directly to the GPS. Even update STAR if needed during flight.

Ok thanks gents.. I ended up using LittleNavMap and I've updated the airac for that.  Making GTN plans will be nice too!

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Just to be picky about terminology - :biggrin:

Import means to take in

export means to send out

So the only program that can IMPORT a plan to the GPS is the sim itself - All the others can only EXPORT the plan.

If the map program has the option to auto start the sim, it will usually export the plan into the sim(GPS) when it starts.

However, we all knew what Ryan meant. :biggrin:

ok, now I can go back to watching raindrops in Southern California.........

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

3 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Ok thanks gents.. I ended up using LittleNavMap and I've updated the airac for that.  Making GTN plans will be nice too!

LNM works well and you can sync it with P3D by updating its maps and checking the use sim I believe.

Its not available anymore apparently but I was able to load the 1611 file into P3D using fsareodata and then sync that to LNM this way it matches what GTN 750 default is.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

8 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Is there any software that can be updated using navigraph that will import a flight plan into default gps/g1000?

Yes, take a look at SimBrief. They have a new downloader that will install your entire flight plan into your sim. Installs into any aircraft or format, even GTN 750.

https://www.simbrief.com/home/

May be what your looking for? At any rate, it won't cost you anything if it's not!:biggrin:

2 hours ago, joepoway said:

LNM works well and you can sync it with P3D by updating its maps and checking the use sim I believe.

Its not available anymore apparently but I was able to load the 1611 file into P3D using fsareodata and then sync that to LNM this way it matches what GTN 750 default is.

Joe

Or just have updated airacs for both :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

4 hours ago, vgbaron said:

ok, now I can go back to watching raindrops in Southern California.........

Vic

Finally, blue skies and sunshine here in NorCal, Vic!:happy:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: