Sign in to follow this  
gboz

Majestic Q400, stopping 2D panels showing?

Is there any way to stop those Q400 2D panels from popping up when I ask the FO to switch something?
I have a large sharp VC to look at but MCE throws those ugly 2D panels at me, and for such a short time (< 1 sec), that it is visually disturbing.
It's not even consistent. For example the on/off toggle switches on the overhead (OH) do not bring up the 2D panel but the rotary type OH switches do. ??

I'm using P3dV4.2 with Win10 and MCE 2.7.5.5

Thanks,
gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

You can increase the transparency, decrease the size and/or change the position of the 2D panels.

Have a look at this topic:

Edited by RALF9636

5 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

You can increase the transparency, decrease the size and/or change the position of the 2D panels.

Have a look at this topic:

Thanks RALF but I was really hoping to not see any 2D panels at all, small, transparent or otherwise. Are you saying 2D panels are the only way MCE can switch some items?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Yes, at the moment the 2D panels are the only way because of the special way the Majestic Q400 is designed.

You won't see them if you set the transparency to 100 %.

Edited by RALF9636

On 23/03/2018 at 11:25 PM, RALF9636 said:

Yes, at the moment the 2D panels are the only way because of the special way the Majestic Q400 is designed.

You won't see them if you set the transparency to 100 %.

Ok thanks, but where do you set the panel transparency?

gb.

21 hours ago, gboz said:

Ok thanks, but where do you set the panel transparency?

gb.

Display - Graphics - View and Panel Settings - 2-D Panel transparency

I think I have a pretty decent elegant fix for 2D panels. It was a long process but in the end it was worth it. I simply rearranged the commands in the voice script file so that all the 2D panels were group together in tandem. Then I noticed that most of the 2D panel switches were for the upper panel. So now I know when the 2D panel switches are coming and I plan for that during my cockpit preparation flows. And voila, it's not a problem anymore. Of course it's not as smooth as FSX, but it's a significant Improvement. I'm doing a video that will show this and I plan on posting it for others to consider as an option or work-around.  However the after takeoff flow is somewhat of a nightmare because the switches are primarily on the glare shield and center console.  I'm considering performing these functions myself and not involve the first officer because it significantly interferes with the interaction between me and the default ATC

Edited by ibomiles
Typo