Sign in to follow this  
GIKane

FSX steam - PMDG does not work

I bought PMDG 737NG(Base package) few weeks ago. PMDG does not work consistently in my FSX steam edition - it sometimes work, and sometimes does not.

When it does not work, the load out setting is almost identical to the default 737 in FSX, and all screens are black and buttons don't work.

Strangely, even if I select 737-800 PMDG, there is a HUD on Captain's cockpit when PMDG is not working.

I completely reinstalled and installed FSX steam edition and removed all remaining data from my hard drive two times(including PMDG),

but PMDG is still unreliable.

Is there some other measure? Or is there any other kind of repair tool from PMDG?

Thanks.

27 minutes ago, GIKane said:

Strangely, even if I select 737-800 PMDG, there is a HUD on Captain's cockpit when PMDG is not working.

Props to whoever is going to be the first one to understand that sentence.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

33 minutes ago, GIKane said:

I bought PMDG 737NG(Base package) few weeks ago. PMDG does not work consistently in my FSX steam edition - it sometimes work, and sometimes does not.

When it does not work, the load out setting is almost identical to the default 737 in FSX, and all screens are black and buttons don't work.

I completely reinstalled and installed FSX steam edition and removed all remaining data from my hard drive two times(including PMDG),

but PMDG is still unreliable.

Is there some other measure? Or is there any other kind of repair tool from PMDG?

Thanks.

please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

Please open a ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com to look at your issue.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

18 hours ago, 30K said:

Props to whoever is going to be the first one to understand that sentence.

There is no HUD in the cockpit when PMDG800 works fine. Actually, HUD is not supposed to be in the cockpit for vanilla FSX 737 for that matter.

18 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

Please open a ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com to look at your issue.

OK, I added signature in my account settings.  I will check the support after I return home.

10 hours ago, GIKane said:

There is no HUD in the cockpit when PMDG800 works fine. Actually, HUD is not supposed to be in the cockpit for vanilla FSX 737 for that matter.

?

There can be one it is a config option.

and please define:

On 23/03/2018 at 9:13 AM, GIKane said:

When it does not work

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

On 3/24/2018 at 10:14 PM, 30K said:

?

There can be one it is a config option.

and please define:

I already wrote the symptoms on that sentence, you could read it there. Also, even if HUD is an option I mentioned it because I did not set it as an option.

Seems to me you are a troll.

3 minutes ago, GIKane said:

I already wrote the symptoms on that sentence, you could read it there. Also, even if HUD is an option I mentioned it because I did not set it as an option.

Seems to me you are a troll.

Your sentence wasn‘t really understandable... maybe a language thing, but I didn‘t get it either. 30K is far from being a troll, he‘s a known participant on this forum and pretty helpful if one provides enough information. You said it didn‘t work, but that won‘t help anyone to solve any problems. It might be best to use to officiall support as suggested by Olympic260 who is an officiall PMDG member, in opposite of us.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

Your sentence wasn‘t really understandable... maybe a language thing, but I didn‘t get it either. 30K is far from being a troll, he‘s a known participant on this forum and pretty helpful if one provides enough information. You said it didn‘t work, but that won‘t help anyone to solve any problems. It might be best to use to officiall support as suggested by Olympic260 who is an officiall PMDG member, in opposite of us.

Since another person think so too, I guess I wasn't clear.

On 2018. 3. 23. at 5:13 PM, GIKane said:

the load out setting is almost identical to the default 737 in FSX, and all screens are black and buttons don't work.

This is what I wrote; the aircraft is essentially dead.

Anyway I found out that it was a simconnect issue. Thanks.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, GIKane said:

I found out that it was a simconnect issue

And thanks for telling us!

Edited by Ephedrin

I had this happen when I set a default flight on FSX by mistake, which had the NGX as the default aircraft. You see only the HUD, the VC is not clickable and the 2d panels are messed up. Just keep the trike as default aircraft.