Sign in to follow this  
Abeeaz Islam

Re-installation error 1722 and 1603 in FSX

I tried reinstalling FSX in my Win7(64 bit) system. And got the error 1722 and 1603. I searched the internet for answers and got one fix  from here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/928080/error-1722-when-reinstalling-flight-simulator-x?spid=11941 and then followed the procedures but when I get to the part where I type "resetsldl -All" and press Enter I get yet another error, which says "error-HRESULT80070005".

Anybody know a solution for this problem? I am thinking of reinstalling my OS, but i want to try any other solution before that. 

So any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Abeeaz Islam said:

And got the error 1722 and 1603. I searched the internet for answers and got one fix  from here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/928080/error-1722-when-reinstalling-flight-simulator-x?spid=11941 and then followed the procedures but when I get to the part where I type "resetsldl -All" and press Enter I get yet another error, which says "error-HRESULT80070005".

Probably the most frustrating problem ever encountered by mankind.  When I encountered these errors, it only took me 4 hours to fix.  I reset Windows 10 and the reset program stated, "no sweat Jim, you won't have to reinstall FSX or any of your FSX addons.  But you will have to reinstall Acceleration".  I thought, that won't be bad.  When the reset was completed, I went to reinstall Acceleration and that program told me I needed FSX installed first.  But, but, Windows 10 said I didn't.... oh, okay, I'll reinstall FSX.  When I inserted Disk 1, it game me no option to repair so it indeed was wiped out.  All went well until the end of running Disk 2.  I got the 1722 error first and, after clicking "okay" the 1603 error popped up indicating there was a problem with the installation and FSX was not successfully installed.  It then roll back the installation.  As I recall, here is what you have to do:

Click on the search bar and type Run and open up the Run command.  Type regedit.  This will open up the System Registry. Expand your registry to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} 

Now double-click Upperfilters on the right side.

Change the value from 0 to PartMgr, and then click OK.  (please spell PartMgr properly - case sensitive).  Close Registry Editor.

Now run resetsldl.  Microsoft removed the file from the Internet (unless you have resetsldl.exe from another Source).  Here is a link to the one I downloaded some time ago - https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhI63XLVLrGnhF0viqzY1iKtPUtN

I have my MicrosoftKB928080 folder in my Download folder so you want to go to an elevated CMD prompt.  To do this click on the search bar, type CMD and you will see Command Prompt in the Menu.  Right Click and select Run As Administrator.

It should open up to your UserName C:\Users\YourUserName.  Type cd c:\Download (then click enter)

Type cd MicrosoftKB928080 (click enter)

Now type resetsldl -All (click enter).  Close the Command Prompt and reinstall FSX.  Hopefully this will work for you. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

13 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Probably the most frustrating problem ever encountered by mankind.  When I encountered these errors, it only took me 4 hours to fix.  I reset Windows 10 and the reset program stated, "no sweat Jim, you won't have to reinstall FSX or any of your FSX addons.  But you will have to reinstall Acceleration".  I thought, that won't be bad.  When the reset was completed, I went to reinstall Acceleration and that program told me I needed FSX installed first.  But, but, Windows 10 said I didn't.... oh, okay, I'll reinstall FSX.  When I inserted Disk 1, it game me no option to repair so it indeed was wiped out.  All went well until the end of running Disk 2.  I got the 1722 error first and, after clicking "okay" the 1603 error popped up indicating there was a problem with the installation and FSX was not successfully installed.  It then roll back the installation.  As I recall, here is what you have to do:

Click on the search bar and type Run and open up the Run command.  Type regedit.  This will open up the System Registry. Expand your registry to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} 

Now double-click Upperfilters on the right side.

Change the value from 0 to PartMgr, and then click OK.  (please spell PartMgr properly - case sensitive).  Close Registry Editor.

Now run resetsldl.  Microsoft removed the file from the Internet (unless you have resetsldl.exe from another Source).  Here is a link to the one I downloaded some time ago - https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhI63XLVLrGnhF0viqzY1iKtPUtN

I have my MicrosoftKB928080 folder in my Download folder so you want to go to an elevated CMD prompt.  To do this click on the search bar, type CMD and you will see Command Prompt in the Menu.  Right Click and select Run As Administrator.

It should open up to your UserName C:\Users\YourUserName.  Type cd c:\Download (then click enter)

Type cd MicrosoftKB928080 (click enter)

Now type resetsldl -All (click enter).  Close the Command Prompt and reinstall FSX.  Hopefully this will work for you. 

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks for your kind reply but sadly it did not work. When I got to the part at Regedit, it was already set at PartMgr, so i did not change it there. 

And did you face the error-hresult80070005 as well?

Any other solution?

Best regards,

Abeeaz

5 hours ago, Abeeaz Islam said:

Any other solution?

That error is about permisions, administrator rights. Do you have administrator rights? Have you selected run cmd as administrator?

I belive i have a solution for you, but i need to know a couple more things: Which version of FSX you have - FSX SP2, Acceleration, or FSX-SE?

6 hours ago, Abeeaz Islam said:

I did not see this error.  I got the 1722 and then the 1603 error after clicking OK for the 1722 error.  It then rolled back the installation and that was it.  I do not see how you could possibly get the hresult80070005 error (but you obviously did).  It simply means "Access Denied" (to go any further with this installation because, once you get past the 1603 error, you will be given the option to activate your FSX). 

So Zeljko is correct above.  It is a permission issue and I covered that in my solution above about going to the 'elevated' Command Prompt and run resetsldl -All.  As I recall, I might have placed the resetsldl in the C:\ directory or the C:\System directory because it will not run or work if you are in your User directory and the C:\Downloads is probably in your User Directory.  This part of the fix did not work properly for me after many tries.  It was only when I went to the elevated Command Prompt and (guessing) placed the MicrosoftKB928080 folder in the proper location (in C:\ or C:\System) that it worked.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 3/24/2018 at 7:09 PM, Jim Young said:

It was only when I went to the elevated Command Prompt and (guessing) placed the MicrosoftKB928080 folder in the proper location (in C:\ or C:\System) that it worked

Yes i have used the elevated Command Prompt and I also placed MicrosoftKB928080 in C:\. No result.

On 3/24/2018 at 5:44 PM, lodestar said:

That error is about permisions, administrator rights. Do you have administrator rights? Have you selected run cmd as administrator?

I have adminstrator rights and I tried to do it from a different Windows User Profile as well. No solution.

I belive i have a solution for you, but i need to know a couple more things: Which version of FSX you have - FSX SP2, Acceleration, or FSX-SE?

I am using FSX SP2.

Guys thanks for replying so fast. Let's hope I can fix this problem. 

Best Regards,

Abeeaz.

5 minutes ago, Abeeaz Islam said:

Yes i have used the elevated Command Prompt and I also placed MicrosoftKB928080 in C:\. No result.

If you cannot get this to happen, then there is no solution.  This must be executed at the elevated command prompt.  When you ran it, did it state the program ran successfully?  If not, you need to try again and again until it does.  This is the only possible solution.  If it does not work, then reinstall Windows after formatting your drive.

Submit News to AVSIM

Also, make sure you have SP2 uninstalled. Once FSX is properly installed and activated, you need to install SP1 first and then SP2.  SP2 does not contain SP1.  Your registry cannot indicate you have SP2 installed.

Submit News to AVSIM

Okay. Is there any solution that you know to solve the error 80070005 specifically? Because I did not find any proper or particular solution online.

1 minute ago, Abeeaz Islam said:

Is there any solution that you know to solve the error 80070005 specifically?

Yes.  This error indicates you did not install the product with Administrative Privileges. 

Submit News to AVSIM

So should I reinstall my OS or is their any other way around it?

I am running SP2, what is the solution you were talking about?

Thanks, 

Abeeaz

8 hours ago, Abeeaz Islam said:

So should I reinstall my OS or is their any other way around it?

I am running SP2, what is the solution you were talking about?

Thanks, 

Abeeaz

It was the same solution suggested by Jim, i haven't spotted it first time. 

But in the meantime, i may have a new one... http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/windows_installer_cleanup_utility.html.html

But carefully with this tool, use it to clean FSX installation only, do not select anything else. It should work without problems, i used it many times in past when reinstalling FSX SP2.

Also, after you use it to "clean" FSX installation, delete all FSX related folders, and auto generated folders like shaders, scenery indexes etc

Would be interesting if that works but the only known solutions are what we posted above.

Submit News to AVSIM