Sign in to follow this  
CaptReiViation

Simmarket False Identify Purchase Please Help!

Hi everyone,

I'm quite new to the forums, therefore I would like to apologize in advanced if this subject is posted in the wrong thread. I'm in a bit of a bind here. My dad's credit card that I use for online purchases has been blocked because someone had created a Simmarket account using my email to purchase an addon. Luckily it was only one item. However, this is still a very serious matter as the perpetrator may purchase more things under my email in the future. Do any of you guys know of any way to contact the Simmarket team via email or forums? I want to resolve this issue as fast as I can. Thanks.

Something is not adding up here.  When you buy from Simmarket they send you a confirmation to your email address.  So you should have received that email of the purchase by the person using your address.  Why not request a password reset.  the new password will come to your email and you will get control back?  Anyway on the Simmarket site you can contact to ask their opinion I guess but this all seems very odd and it makes me wonder if this post is some sort of scam....apologies if it is not.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I would contact them I had a problem downloading a product I purchased they were very helpful and sorted it, the only worry for simmarket is that when the FSL labs thing kicked off the hacking site had simmarket on there list, Onapproach has a screenshot of the site, that has now gone the isp most likely changed.

But simmarket will help you if contact them.

• Like 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 hours ago, rjfry said:

Are you sure? 

You will see several people saying just after an FSUIPC purchase from simmarket, their CC was stolen. When I contacted Miguel and Pete about this, neither one cared at all. 

3 hours ago, CaptReiViation said:

Hi everyone,

I'm quite new to the forums, therefore I would like to apologize in advanced if this subject is posted in the wrong thread. I'm in a bit of a bind here. My dad's credit card that I use for online purchases has been blocked because someone had created a Simmarket account using my email to purchase an addon. Luckily it was only one item. However, this is still a very serious matter as the perpetrator may purchase more things under my email in the future. Do any of you guys know of any way to contact the Simmarket team via email or forums? I want to resolve this issue as fast as I can. Thanks.

In other words your dads CC was stolen.

simmarket will not help you, they will flat out deny there is a problem. 

4 hours ago, CaptReiViation said:

Hi everyone,

Your father needs to contact his bank. IMMEDIATELY. If the card has been hijacked it needs to be fixed by the bank. The card account is with the bank not Simmarket.

Bill W

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BillW said:

Your father needs to contact his bank. IMMEDIATELY. If the card has been hijacked it needs to be fixed by the bank. The card account is with the bank not Simmarket.

Bill W

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

All that matters now is to get that CC number deactivated.  This happens all too frequently and the banks know exactly how to deal with it.  Heck, my BoA CC get reissued at least once a year because it gets compromised; half the time they do it proactively base on a perceived threat.

• Like 1

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Thank you all to the replies. My dad has contacted the bank and as of right now the credit has been blocked. They will be sending a new credit card within a few days. In addition to that, the bank is also looking into this incident and will let us know further information about this whole situation. I have contacted Simmarket and they closed the account. However, they are not willing to do anything else until we provide evidence from the bank of how the perpetrator got accessed the credit card. 

I don't even use Simmarket to make flightsim addon purchases, so this situation is quite a surprise to me and my dad. Thank you so much for everyone who has replied in this thread. I also posted on the flightsim subreddit and got some help there as well. 

Edited by CaptReiViation
word spelling error

16 hours ago, rjfry said:

I would contact them I had a problem downloading a product I purchased they were very helpful and sorted it, the only worry for simmarket is that when the FSL labs thing kicked off the hacking site had simmarket on there list, Onapproach has a screenshot of the site, that has now gone the isp most likely changed.

Yeah, I'm have high suspicions that this may be one of the leading causes to how my dad's CC got accessed by an unknown person.  

6 hours ago, CaptReiViation said:

Thank you all to the replies. My dad has contacted the bank and as of right now the credit has been blocked. They will be sending a new credit card within a few days. In addition to that, the bank is also looking into this incident and will let us know further information about this whole situation. I have contacted Simmarket and they closed the account. However, they are not willing to do anything else until we provide evidence from the bank of how the perpetrator got accessed the credit card. 

I don't even use Simmarket to make flightsim addon purchases, so this situation is quite a surprise to me and my dad. Thank you so much for everyone who has replied in this thread. I also posted on the flightsim subreddit and got some help there as well. 

I would also check your AV on your PC  and do a full sweep of the system, if as you state you have never purchased any product form simmarket I suspect this hack is closer to home.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 3/23/2018 at 6:34 AM, pracines said:

You will see several people saying just after a purchase from simmarket, their CC was stolen. When I contacted Miguel and Pete about this, neither one cared at all. 

In other words your dads CC was stolen.

simmarket will not help you, they will flat out deny there is a problem. 

+1 to this, it happened to me last fall after a purchase there.  I also contacted Simmarket concerning it and they denied that their system was in any way at fault. $900 CAD in fraudulent online purchases later. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

5 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

+1 to this, it happened to me last fall after a purchase there.  I also contacted Simmarket concerning it and they denied that their system was in any way at fault. $900 CAD in fraudulent online purchases later. 

These things can happen but the banks (particularly in Canada where they are highly regulated) generally are very good about covering the fraudulent charges.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

1 minute ago, MarkW said:

These things can happen but the banks (particularly in Canada where they are highly regulated) generally are very good about covering the fraudulent charges.

You bet, my bank was VERY good about it, they cleared it up within a couple days.

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

14 hours ago, rjfry said:

I would also check your AV on your PC  and do a full sweep of the system, if as you state you have never purchased any product form simmarket I suspect this hack is closer to home.

Thank you @rjfry. I have not checked yet. I'll check as soon as possible. As of right now, I changed the password to my email and also activated the two-step process verification. So whenever my account is used and logged in a system, I get a notification on my smart phone to verify whether it was me or someone else. I've taken all the precautionary measures that I can to prevent this from happening again. I hope this situation does not occur again. 

9 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

I'm very sorry that this happened to you. :(